Proform Rollers

-
I don't know about the proforms but I have been using ohio crankshaft needle bearing/roller tip with harland adjusters and rocker specialties hardened shafts in my daily driver [for a while now] with no problems and no adjusters backing off.
They are the purple ones for $139.

I run dual comp springs 140lbs seat -347lbs .550 my cam after lash w/1.6 =.533

I'd stay away too. I got rid of mine after this happened.

newstuffforruby002-1.jpg

If your gonna buy roller rockers you need to ask questions and find out what's junk and what's not.
I asked all those questions and found the weak link was the ADJUSTERS, and that you NEED GOOD SHAFTS and You MUST have proper side clearance.

And really those proforms aren't for lifts more than .480 and spring pres more than 300 is what I was told by mancini when I was first looking to buy some.

Don't just buy something and bolt it to your engine without knowing first hand from a reputable builder, I asked Dan dvorak, ohiocrank, rckr speclty's

Do yourself a favour and spend a little more. Remember that a kid in China is making these rockers, and dosen't even know what they are and what they are for.

Regardles of where, I don't care for the quality. If you need rollers, I start at Cranes an work up from there. And they have their own plot twists now and again. For a street car, irons are fine and cheap and will last forever. The premium street ones would be the Comp Cams steelies, but they get pricey too... Aluminum does work harden, and they do have a drastically shorter life span than any steel or iron rocker does even when they are made right. The few I've actually had in my hands did not need a magnifying glass to see defects and things that made me cringe.

-
Back