Progress pictures.

-
I've got the grinder/ cut off wheel down. I'll be a master welder by the time Im done patching this thing up.

There is a lot of work ot do there, but your coming along at a nice pace.
You seam to know what you are doing. Keep up the great job :thumblef:

Looking good so far. Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Looking forward to seeing more of the progress pic as i am about to go int the same thing with my 65 Dart convertible. And i am not too good with the mig welder yet. Keep up the good work.

Goy my hood, bumpers and trunk lid from AAR fiberglass today. very nice stuff but they sent me a 67-68 hood instead of a 69 hood. Seeing I like the 67-68 flat nose better Im just going to get a differant header panel. I'll post some pictures this weekend.

Nice work, you are doing awesome and progress pics are great. It will be all worth it when you are done and you wont have to redo it in a few years like some people do when they dont put the effort in and just do a cover up job. Did you do any welding before you started on this project? Wish I had the time to put on my project like you have obviously been doing, great job!!

70Dart, No I've never welded before. Its gonna go to a friends shop one day to have the 1/4s and rockers welded on and for most of the body work. Its hard to find the time and money to work on it but like you said I know it will be done right. I figure even if it takes me 10 years to finish It will still be done before I turn 40. LOL

Got the scoop mounted to the new hood, still need to cut the hole under it (its a bolt on scoop) and 1 bumper mounted up.

I have the parts needed for the trunk lid coming and will be ordering a set of hood springs from AtomicDog soon.

I'm also thinking of having the car media blasted while its apart. It will be nice to start with clean metal.

:fball: :coffee2: Have a good start. Finding time between work is the problem. Welding relocate kit springs 3 1/2". mini tub. Try and get wheels under to move around. Have B body 8 3/4 to narrow. May go with 9" from mustang?

A few new pictures. AAR 5" Hemi scopp mounted to the hood and the AAR glass bumper.

IM000989.gif

IM000990.gif

IM000989.gif

IM000990.gif

Very nice Adam!! So how well did the bumper fit? I'm going to be getting those for my '67 Project 10 Seconds car... that's one mean scoop too!! :)

They fit good, Just need a little prep work. Mostly on the corners. I also need to fine another 1/4 to bumper bracket for the back bumper. Theres no way you can use the glass bumper with out them.

I will if I make some progress soon. Im hoping to have some time to work on it Sunday, I work 6 days a week so I dont get much time to get to the garage.

Tony, Im not sure how much I lost but The Glass hood is only 22lbs (its a bolt on with bracing) The bumpers are 3lbs ea and the trunk lid is 8lbs.

Id say I took of around 50 to 75lbs.

Adam it's looking great just keep on plugging along:thumrigh: . I know how that working 6 days a week can be though. Went through that the first year and a half I had my Cuda. Makes it hard to get things done. My Cuda had alot of rust too. Alot more in the fender apron areas than yours and inner fenders. Had to make all the parts by hand since nobody makes them. Never did sheet metal work before or mig welded before. What a learing experience. Just about to finish it up. No matter how frustrating it was a few times I look back and say it was worth every late night and skinned knuckle.:happy7: :happy7: :happy7:

I think the engine compartment is gonna be the first thing I start welding on. This way I can get it primed and painted and get the 340 off the floor of the garage.

-
Back