Progress pictures.

-
Got something done today !!!

I bolted up the new header panel, took the passanger side door off to prep the jam and get the hood hinge out and put tires on it so I could roll it out and clean the shop a bit.

It looks like a 68 now.

IM000010.jpg

IM000011.jpg

IM000012.jpg

IM000015.gif

And my Crew Chief Jacob.

IM000023.jpg

Next weekend Im going to try to get the grills out, the bolts are pretty rusted up so they need to soak, peel the decals off the fenders and get the hood hinges back in with the low tension springs to bolt the hood up.

I cant wait to see it in one color again, LOL, I won a set of rockers on ebay a week ago, the company still hasnt emailed me with a shipping price. Im to the point were Im gonna get them somewere else instead.

nice to see that your getting something done! it takes time but i think it will look great when your done with it!

Adam , go get a 130 amp mig welder and some gas from home depot or lowes. With a little practice you be welding like a champ. A Mig welder is the easiest to use with a bit of practice. Then your friends will come to you! LOL Friends are good to have while rebuilding :)

My firand has a nice little mig, he's going to come over and help.

any updates???

Its looking good so far.
Im personally scared to pull my car apart and find ot what i need to fix.. :toothy7:

Well, if I cant sell it I guess I have to finish it. Of coarse I want it to look a lot more stock wich means I'll be doing the trunk floor and extensions, patching a wheel well and hunting down tons of parts. I think I need to look at this as a bunch of smaller projects not one big overwhelming one to get threw it.

That's the way I had to look at mine Adam. Just take it one part at a time. Mine was a basket case when I got it and when I tore into it I was overwhelmed. It took me 3-1/2 yrs. (1 year had to take off due to a family emergency) so really it took me 2-1/2 yrs. to do the work. The most time wasting thing was locating good parts that didn't cost a fortune. Probably wasted 6 months doing that. You've got a real good start. Keep plugging along and when your done it will be something you can admire and enjoy for a long time.

Great job Adam, I feel for you guys in the east, finding good metal is like digging for gold......! :sad1:

A friend from work is going to lend me his body work tools, Welder, DA, Hammers and dolys. So that will save me some money. Im going to start with patching the inner fenders and drivers door. and work my way back.

Wll I went back to work on it today. Put all the parts in the basement out of my way. I also pulled the fenders off so I can patch a few small spots. Then I spent and hour or 2 scraping under coating. Next the K frame and front suspension comes out.

I'm also going to fab up some casters to mount under it so I can get the rear out of the way and clean and prep the underside.

Good to see you working on the car again Adam! :thumbup: Can't wait to see more progress...

Now, I don't want to stir anything up, but I saw your car on E-bay, anything happen with that? Or was I seeing things lol

wow seeing all that cancer on your car makes me feel like my hardtop valiant deserves a resurrection after all. I was going to part it out and keep the vert only. nice work

Today I brought home a bunch of tools that afriend let me barrow including a little mig welder. Maybe now I can get something done other then sanding. I do need to get a tank of shielding gas, a new tip and a spool of non flux wire. Also need to go steal dads compressor.

I planned to pull the K frame and suspension out from under the car but I broke the bolts on my T-bar removal tool. They should be much bigger then they are. I also didnt have a socket big enough for the 4 K frame bolts. I think they are 1-1/8"

I ended up spending 2hrs scaping undercoating on the passanger side. Still have another 2 or 3hrs to go. luckily the last owner scaped most of the drivers side.

IM000345.gif

You can see all the rock hard undercoating on the front half of the wheel well. The sinfire yellow parts are were I scaped. I also need to do the inside of the fenders. Once its scaped Im going to hit it with some scotch brite pads on my angle die grinder then Prime it and paint it body color. Ofcoarse that means I need to pick a color soon.

Adam, don't forget that if you're changing that MIG from flux core to standard gas sheild wire, you'll probably need to change the electrical connection polarity also. When you open the cover on the MIG to change the wire, there should be a diagram showing the different polarity settings for each type of wire. Get 'er done. :)

Great job dude! Hopefully I'll be posting progress shots of my little ***** soon. And speaking of posting pictures, I'll snap a few of the `74 Dart I just dragged home. I changed the oil after work today and rotated the tires & balanced them. So far it needs:

Front & rear brakes
L/S engine mount
Front wheel bearings
Wiper pivots re-sealed
A working #@$%$#$ radio so I can hook up my Sirius.....

Goodies I have:

New battery
A nice pair of 245-60-14's for the rear.... and not much else.
thnk0006.gif

Thanks John. Got some more done today. Hard to make much progress when the bank account is empty but theres plenty of sanding and scraping to be done.

Started by pulling the front suspension out to make some extra room.

IM000370.gif

Then back to scraping under coating.

IM000371.gif

Luckily the last owner did most of the driverside for me.

IM000372.gif

I also scraped down the back of bolth fenders. I'd really like to send them out to be blasted or better yet pick up a small blaster to do them myself.

Drivers frame rail needs a patch too.

IM000373.gif

When I was trying to sell the car one of the guys that came and looked at it felt the frame rail was swiss chees and there was no way to fix it. Doesnt really look that bad to me.

OldVart said:
Adam, don't forget that if you're changing that MIG from flux core to standard gas sheild wire, you'll probably need to change the electrical connection polarity also. When you open the cover on the MIG to change the wire, there should be a diagram showing the different polarity settings for each type of wire. Get 'er done. :)

All ready swapped it.

-
Back