Project 440DD

-
Just be patient Chris, the only impending rush or deadline is between your ears. When I did mine I found the space between my ears was causing the majority of my anxiety and frustration with regard to the self imposed timeline. Once I cleaned that space out a bit I had a lot more fun building it. Just be patient do it right and go at whatever pace the car gives you!

Just be patient Chris, the only impending rush or deadline is between your ears. When I did mine I found the space between my ears was causing the majority of my anxiety and frustration with regard to the self imposed timeline. Once I cleaned that space out a bit I had a lot more fun building it. Just be patient do it right and go at whatever pace the car gives you!
For sure. The year break wasn’t by design. A result of squatters and court delays that prevented me from touching it.

Test fitting

6BF99CBD-12B9-4859-A2D6-C93479ABA8DF.jpeg

D7781C2A-710C-4975-8D49-4D07555A93B8.jpeg

71F0B5D1-2DBE-4FDD-859D-2D27A687FD69.jpeg

I'm disappointed every time I click on this thread and don't see DD boobs. lol

Fitting the quarter on. The last exterior piece to be welded.

13FF5A99-3DAD-4A89-B0A0-E5EAD1CA8CE7.jpeg

3C8028E5-7E0B-4DE7-AA54-3AF7D8E86C9C.jpeg

It's puttin up one hell of a fight to ain't it?

Slowly getting it there. Much better than before. But not quite perfect… yet

EF36CCD4-509C-4D8C-99F0-01AFD6B9025B.jpeg

4DB86C29-A765-46A4-A9A9-9869A92188A1.jpeg

Was able to sneak away today with my boy and hand pound this into shape. Still a work in progress but looks like the concept will work just fine

B48057F8-8C71-4A26-A5B5-492809C1DA95.jpeg

CE62EDC3-0EE6-4125-A6C1-D53518D59B8F.jpeg

D0F3D979-F3BB-4395-B47F-89E5FEC57064.jpeg

CBB8D0B7-A4D8-4B7F-8899-5D64A547754A.jpeg

All you fellers that do stuff this in depth have my undying admiration.

All you fellers that do stuff this in depth have my undying admiration.
Haha thanks i guess. It wasn’t meant to go this route but mission creep. If only the skills in my hands would match the ideas in my brain, I might actually make this cool

Haha thanks i guess. It wasn’t meant to go this route but mission creep. If only the skills in my hands would match the ideas in my brain, I might actually make this cool
You're better than I am for sure!

Need opinions..

My original plan for this was 4 bucket seats, however, due to family growth now being at 5, I’ve had to reconsider that course of action.

So with the full tubs and such, a factory seat in the rear isn’t an option. However, a factory Jeep Wrangler seat with modified brackets will fit and work just fine, even lets me put the cage I’d like to put into the car.

So that leaves me with a dilemma.

The front seats:

Option A: 2012 SRT challenger seats, powered and leather. Drivers side weighs around 100 pounds and passenger is around 45-50.

Option B: the Eclipse seats that were going to be the rear. Manual seats, weighing about 35 pounds each.

Both feel like they fit me for driving just fine. And I have both already. All would get custom upholstery

I had planned to do SRT seats in my Duster, but after seeing them in a few a-bodies, I decided they looked a little too big and boxy in the cars. I also wanted the seatbelts built into the seats so I ended up using black leather Chrysler Sebring convertible seats and have been really happy with them.

I had planned to do SRT seats in my Duster, but after seeing them in a few a-bodies, I decided they looked a little too big and boxy in the cars. I also wanted the seatbelts built into the seats so I ended up using black leather Chrysler Sebring convertible seats and have been really happy with them.
I do have a set of those in tan cloth too. But I’ll be using 5pt harnesses so I ruled them out.

That’s Part of my issue. They are massive.

Hi, I just picked up power bucket front seats from a 2017 Pacifica that are going into a 1975 Duster. I kkoiw I'll need to modify the rear legs as they are not flat (front are flat).
Any hints / watch-out's / suggestions / etc. you can share regarding the installation process? Did you utilize the bucket seat floor brackets (Seat Brackets | AMD 407-1067-S) if there was a bench seat previously? Thanks for any advice you can throw my way as I get ready to do the swap.

Hi, I just picked up power bucket front seats from a 2017 Pacifica that are going into a 1975 Duster. I kkoiw I'll need to modify the rear legs as they are not flat (front are flat).
Any hints / watch-out's / suggestions / etc. you can share regarding the installation process? Did you utilize the bucket seat floor brackets (Seat Brackets | AMD 407-1067-S) if there was a bench seat previously? Thanks for any advice you can throw my way as I get ready to do the swap.
No I didn’t use any off the shelf brackets. My floor pan isn’t to factory contours either.

I did modify the challenger seats to sit about an inch lower but they’re still too tall. The power motor is huge

Hey Dukeboy, thanks for the response. Well this should be interesting. I'll try to take pictures of the process for others future use.

Hey Dukeboy, thanks for the response. Well this should be interesting. I'll try to take pictures of the process for others future use.
I’ll get some pics of what I did later

-
Back