Project 66 valiant "more pics"

-
Good for you, glad to see another 66 Valiant saved!!! Are you going with aftermarket pans or used? Good luck :glasses7:

After market from auto body specialties, replaced frame rail, front rockers, replacing quaters,and trunk extentions

More pics please!!! You might consider starting a thread in the member's restorations section. Looks like you've got your hands full with that one. Looking forward to this build. Welcome to FABO:drinkers::drinkers:

Received floor pans today and will try removing the old ones this weekend, quaters should be here next week.

Inner fender almost finished one more patch to do under battery tray, added about 2 1/2" of metal to bottom at frame rail it was warm and 70 deg so I took advantage of it hope you enjoy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 628
I have some more patching to do but not much hopefully ill have every thing in primer by this weekend

Attachments

• image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 622
Welcome to this great site :eek:ccasion:
keep up the good work on that 66 :colors: the first and the last
of this body style :colors: Great to see another 66 on board :glasses7:

I haven't got to do a whole lot to the car over the summer due to Honey Do List at home which comes first. Well I'll start out with what I have done so far, I worked in a body shop for three years and have a associate deg in auto body but this is my first restoration. I Replaced the front drivers frame rail, which means I had to remove the inner fender to do that, they are super hard to find for a 66 so I had to save it to where I could reuse it. Got it reinstalled and had to install several patch panels due to battery acid I have currently got all the engine compartment and rad support completely striped down sanded with 80 grit then 120 and primed my son Caleb had worked hard on the car with me. Love every min of it I have got to prime the drivers side inner fender yet I just finished the body work last night and I have two coats of self etching primer waiting till tomorrow eve to prime that side and the windshield wiper cowel then we are going to move on to finishing up the floor pan install and then move on to the quarters and hopefully have the car in full primer and ready to start blocking in the late fall, Wish me luckView attachment image.jpg

We did get a chance and rolled the car out of the garage for some much needed cleaning

-
Back