Project farm truck!

-

HOTMOPR

Mr Horsepower
Reaction score
Getting a 69 dodge D200 2 wheel drive. I has a bad 318 in it but comes with a later model 360 and a 727. I am gonna turbo it as cheaply as possible. Will a cheapo GT 45 off ebay be big enough for the rock stock 360? How much boost for the same set up? I have a mallory pump and mallory boost ref regulator. I know they arent great but will it work for my low HP build? I dont plan on running a fancy ignition controller or anything. I'll just retard it enough for the little boost I'll run. I also have a 650 blowthrough to use. Any thoughts?

ResizedImage951350865866148.jpg

....compression, fuel suppy with volume capability, and keep the plumbing simple. Stock longblock should be good for up to 15psi.

IMHO...a GT45 is a bit on the small side for a single on a 360. My calculations for a 360s CFM flow capability point to a compressor capable of over 1000 cfm.....and not just 650cfm.

:burnout:Love the idea! Out in Cali,lots of beater/field/gardening trucks running hot mills.Yours is new,as a turbo,love it!

IMHO...a GT45 is a bit on the small side for a single on a 360. My calculations for a 360s CFM flow capability point to a compressor capable of over 1000 cfm.....and not just 650cfm.
I have a tv8101 that needs a wheel and shaft.. I didnt want to run anything huge and the china 45s are so cheap and seem to work well.. But if it wont work then I will have to do something else. Keep in mind this isnt a max HP 360.. I dont plan on changing a thing except maybe the intake if it wont except the holley and maybe some later model dakota tube style manifolds..

Obviously I havent had the best of luck with turbo set ups so I am taking all the help I can get..

Might need a different name....
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCuGNMOHIy4"]The FARM TRUCK! The ultimate sleeper truck - YouTube[/ame]

Goin to pick up the truck tomorrow! Cant wait to get started! Trying to find a S400..

what is the front suspension like on those dodges?? i love the idea, but I would just worry about how it would do if you need quick corrections(if it gets loose)

what is the front suspension like on those dodges?? i love the idea, but I would just worry about how it would do if you need quick corrections(if it gets loose)
Has a solid I beam front axle with leaf springs. It will probably get a valarie (sp) eventually and a short bed. Or may just do it gasser style! High front drop the back.

Has a solid I beam front axle with leaf springs. It will probably get a valarie (sp) eventually and a short bed. Or may just do it gasser style! High front drop the back.

I vote for the Gasser style!!!

-
Back