Project LoPar - 68 Plymouth Valiant 4 Door

-

lopar68

Reaction score
Here is my 1968 Plymouth Valiant door. This is my 1st Mopar.
My Plans are to put this car on full Air Ride Suspension and lay frame (that why I named it LoPar). I want 15" Steelies with beauty rings, bullet center cap, and spike lug nuts. wide white wall tires. Body and Interior will stay pretty much stock. I will be adding a vintage air system. I will also be keeping the slant 6 until it gives up the ghost, then i will drop in a 360. this project will not happen over night but it will have updates pretty regularly. so if you like to look at build pics keep an eye on this one. So here are a few pics to get this thing started.

Lil Damage I need to fix

My Son Taking it for a Test Drive

Is that first picture for inspiration or was it taken prior to the dent?

I like that you've started the indoctrination early. :D

Love low cars, love four doors, this is cool! I'll be watching!

yes it wont be a walk in the park to la this car on the ground. but im up for the challenge. it wont be till around spring time till i bag it. I will be doing body and interior work this winter. I will add plenty pics as soon as i start on this project.

I think you missed my sad,sad, humor. The unibody is missing a section of frame between the stubs, making frame laying nearly impossible.
And if you go back to the pic in post #5, it appears that the designer of that car, stretched the rockers downwards, in the neigborhood of 3 inches, to make appear to be laying frame. On the other hand,if you look at the front bumper height, It appears just lowered a bit. Then the tail dragging, and fenderskirts, ties it all together. I'm not a big fan of the looks, but many are.
Lots and lots of people have outrightly said they don't like the looks of my slightly lowered car. I didn't let that sway me one bit from setting the ride height to where I wanted it.
And neither should you.
May you and your handsome son have many hours of together time.

Oh I found the humor in laying "frame" on a uni-body car. All my rides are on full air ride and all lay on the ground. I love the look and the ride. I also build my rides for me not other people. I share my builds for people who like to look and maybe learn a few things. I'm looking forward to this build its going to be a challenge for sure.

-
Back