Project Midnight Swinger

-
Got in touch with Michael at B3 Racing Engines, and have asked Neal(machinist) if he would take some measurements for the geometry correction.

These heads will definitely be dialed in for the 383 by the time we are done. I’m excited to move forward with the build.
Outstanding :thumbsup: :steering:

Got the windshield out by myself, for the first time. A few kinks in the trim, but otherwise it came out pretty easy. I’m glad there is no rot, I’ll wire wheel the windshield channel and hit it with some rust preventive paint.

IMG_3978.jpeg

IMG_3979.jpeg

Dash pulled this am. What I hope to get done while it is out:

Replace wiper seals
Add fresh air box to finish heater delete
Plug/cover unused firewall holes
Figure out where to put MSD box
Figure out where to mount new fuse box
Clean
Rust proof
Add sound deadening

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

don't forget to paint the back side of the dash panel and the bulkhead behind it white. it can't be seen when you're in the car but boy it makes fault finding up behind the fitted dash easier in the future. any light is reflected easier on the white and wiring etc shows up better against a white background. ok, that's my tip for today, lol. :thumbsup:
neil.

When I bought this project the PO told me there was no rust in the floor(lie)or trunk. It’s a factory undercoated car and the trunk was packed full of extra parts so I took his word for it. Definitely on me, but damn.

All of the orange just started poking through the por15. Last year when I bought it and got all the parts out, it was all black. I hate por15.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That is not that bad. Easy repair.
PO might not have known about it, especially if the gas tank was in the car.

That is not that bad. Easy repair.
PO might not have known about it, especially if the gas tank was in the car.
Yeah, nothing major, just disappointing. The PO was the one who por15’d the car, I think he had an idea. Gas tank was in when he sprayed it for sure, that’s por15 on the tank. That body plug was in place when I got it.

It’s all good, my buddy @MrBelvedere2 has got me covered for sheet metal. Just need to start cutting. I think I’m going to just cut the whole bottom of the trunk pan instead of doing 6-7 patches.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Its easier to drop one large piece in, than a bunch of smaller ones.

don't forget to paint the back side of the dash panel and the bulkhead behind it white. it can't be seen when you're in the car but boy it makes fault finding up behind the fitted dash easier in the future. any light is reflected easier on the white and wiring etc shows up better against a white background. ok, that's my tip for today, lol. :thumbsup:
neil.
Pretty good idea

Just checking in. I see you selling a ton of parts.

Not giving up on this project are you? I hope it is to fund your build.

Just checking in. I see you selling a ton of parts.

Not giving up on this project are you? I hope it is to fund your build.
Unfortunately project Midnight Swinger has officially come to an end. My oldest son, Kurt (4) just received a major medical diagnosis, and for a few reasons I can’t continue. I need to focus on him and helping Julie with him.

So, no more fire breathing big block Swinger. But there is another A body taking its place, so I’m not leaving y’all! This one will just be a slant six, automatic, driver.

IMG_4147.jpeg

Unfortunately project Midnight Swinger has officially come to an end. My oldest son, Kurt (4) just received a major medical diagnosis, and for a few reasons I can’t continue. I need to focus on him and helping Julie with him.

So, no more fire breathing big block Swinger. But there is another A body taking its place, so I’m not leaving y’all! This one will just be a slant six, automatic, driver.

View attachment 1716150561
I'm guessing in 10 years things might change a little bit, I'll put a big block away for you !

Brother so sorry to hear this. Family comes first. Sending prayers for you and your family.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Sounds like you made the better choice though. This stuff is just going to rot away someday anyway, invest in what is really important.

I'm guessing in 10 years things might change a little bit, I'll put a big block away for you !
Hahaha it will happen one day, if I can’t get what I’ve got into the 383 short block back out of it, I’m going to bag it up and put it away. Thank you brother.

Hahaha it will happen one day, if I can’t get what I’ve got into the 383 short block back out of it, I’m going to bag it up and put it away. Thank you brother.
Yep, that's what Id do too.
You're welcome Jared

Brother so sorry to hear this. Family comes first. Sending prayers for you and your family.
Thank you Sir, you are so right about that. Nothing will ever mean more than my family. Thankfully they all enjoy old mopars and cruising, cuz I’d drop it like a bad habit if they didn’t.

Sorry to hear about your son, family first.

I'm sorry about your son's diagnosis but it is great to hear you man up and doing the right thing. You will not regret putting your family first.

I'm sorry about your son's diagnosis but it is great to hear you man up and doing the right thing. You will not regret putting your family first.
Thank you, I appreciate you following along. My next build won’t be as detailed or exciting, but family is the most important thing.

-
Back