Project Money Eater-74 dart sport

-
cool stereo posts. im an old fart but have a 1500 watt boss amp and 2 10 in. r/f speakers in a box for the trunk. I want to burn a cd of the car running and play it at shows and freak people out. they will wonder why the belts arent turning. lol
haha thats a good one right there. since im buildin a lowrider, i got the song lowrider on my MP3 player so i can play it when i pull up to shows:-D. gotta love that ol tune

Yep, that one's not in bad shape at all, for the money - good deal. I call mine project "black hole money pit." Money goes in, and I know I'll never see it again.

Here's how I did the two 10" woofers in my Duster. They're mounted inside the tail panel cavity. Nice clean install and sound really good - but it took awhile to nail down all the buzzing and the decklid still starts to rattle above a certain decibel level: :-D

http://stuff.is-a-geek.net/PhotoAlbum/Cars/Pics/duster_09.jpg

Yep, that one's not in bad shape at all, for the money - good deal. I call mine project "black hole money pit." Money goes in, and I know I'll never see it again.

Here's how I did the two 10" woofers in my Duster. They're mounted inside the tail panel cavity. Nice clean install and sound really good - but it took awhile to nail down all the buzzing and the decklid still starts to rattle above a certain decibel level: :-D

http://stuff.is-a-geek.net/PhotoAlbum/Cars/Pics/duster_09.jpg

thats a pretty nice setup there but you gotta change your subs. ive heard they are nothin but what the name is,,,a pyle.

ya my trunk lid rattles CONSTANTLY! i found out that part of the rattleing was the trunk trosion bars under the rear shelf,so i stuck the rubber from a clutch pedal up between the rear shelf and the trosion bars,and adjusted the latch as tight as i could to seal the lid with the seal to stop the ratteling,but that didnt work

and ya you may not ever see the money you sink into it,but at least you got somethin to show for it,unlike the stupid asses that do drugs n ****

well got the rear end finished up today,that was a total pain in the ***. went to put the driveshaft on and there was a bolt broke off in the yoke, so i found another one,swaped it,puttin the driveshaft on and i almost had it tight,and SNAP,F**K,bolt snapped, so i waited for my dad to get home and he found another one and tapped the holes,and while doin that the tap broke. well hi got the broke piece off and he changed it again, put the driveshaft up and the bolts went in perfect:cheers: bled the brakes,set it down and put the shocks on and took it for a test drive, whoo it works with no noise. pulled it up to the garage and did the front brakes. put my wire wheels on and the front stick out about an inch and when i turn the wheels all the way the rub on the bottom front corner of the fenders,so tomorrow ill trim those up. ill get pics of it tomorrow also as it started rainin whille i was finishin up the front brakes

new front rotors n pads on.
Picture159.jpg

front tires rubed on the front bottom of the fender
Picture155.jpg

but that was an easy fix with the die grinder with a cutoff wheel
Picture157.jpg

and its a good thing i tried my wires on here before i ordered mine cuz the backs fit perfect,but the fronts stick out about an inch
Picture156.jpg

and some random pics
Picture161.jpg

Picture158.jpg

Picture165.jpg

Picture164.jpg

damn amps ...you really should put some newspaper down and smack it on the nose if it ***** anywhere else.... Sweet ride so far man , keep it up .

thanks man.

ya the amp pisses me off. i had just got it to. was workin great till i was on my way to town this mornin and it quite. power surge light came on so when i got home i disconnected everything on it except the power,ground,and turn on wire and it still wouldnt work. hopefully i can get a replacement

gettin a set of 13" supremes very soon for that old skool lowrider look :D
001-2.jpg

did this in MS paint to see how bitchin itd look :D
sitonpremes.jpg

an old update that i never posted on here. got a pair of H4 headlight conversions off ebay. these are SOOO much better then the old halagons
diamondheadlights.jpg

diamondheadlights002.jpg

diamondheadlights003.jpg

some pics from a couple months ago when i was in monroe WI

on my way down there
pics123.jpg

and at the Dearth Dodge Dealership. they also had a cool old 40s dodge tow truck and a 56 dodge in the showroom
pics141.jpg

pics143.jpg

pics144.jpg

pics138.jpg

went and got the rims on saturday, in the end they cost over $750, $450 for the rims, $312 for a speeding ticket, plus whatever for gas,,,but it was totally worth it :D so yesturday i had to put em on and snap some pics

pics204.jpg

pics202.jpg

pics205.jpg

gotta love that deep dish
pics203.jpg

this was the highway at like 8AM on the way down there
pics186.jpg

and on the way back we went by a dodge dealer with a new chally sittin out front, so i had to snap a couple pics
pics192.jpg

pics194.jpg

well lucky for me its my 1st ticket, and i can tell ya, i wont be doin that fast any time soon either

-
Back