Project Nighthawk

-

venomvpr900

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my project truck.

black truck1.jpg

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

before3.jpg

before4.jpg

Nice truck!
I love those old Rams!
Someday in the near future I'd like to pick up a 4x4 to play with, probably stick a plow on, do my own unique mods to it, and just generally have a blast with it.

I have owned a few and will never own another truck but a Dodge.:-D
I gave my last truck to my son with 3 children in need and still parting
out my old 1/8 mile truck.
I will be keeping the 360+ and the hood I and a friend built years ago.
It has been on three trucks already
It sure would look good on yours, 73 roadrunner hood.

You sure are doing a great job on yours, and keep us posted on Nighthawk

cook and fish 050.jpg

cook and fish 314.jpg

cook and fish 313.jpg

thanks for all the replies guys, memike hood would look good I'll keep you in mind if I decide to change - what size wheels do you have on the rear of that truck in the pic. I'm having a very tuff time finding wheels for this truck in the aftermarket. thinking about going with steels

The rear end was not the factory rear and the wheels have a 4'' back space
9 1/2 wide old center line wheels.
The hood will stay with me for my next truck, I have turned down more
then it is worth, I could not ever get rid of it.
I will be looking for a ramcharger to put it on one day :cheers:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20007.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20019.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20023.jpg

Got the Engine and Trans together tonight, Got to finish up a few minor things and it will be ready to go in Sat. wooo hoooo!!!!! :twisted: :cheers:

enginetrans1.jpg

enginetrans2.jpg

Nice looking project truck ! I think the pre 93 dodge truck are very over looked. Keep up the work and pictures.

Got the Engine/Trans in today. Everything went pretty good only have 1 problem to adjust - the left valve cover contacts the brake booster. I think tomorrow I'll pull the booster off and grind the back ridges of the valve cover to get the clearance needed. I wish the new motor mounts would just pancake like the old ones then I wouldn't have a problem lol.

eng1.jpg

eng2.jpg

So I couldn't wait until tomorrow, I pulled the booster and ground the ridges off the valve cover. I now have 3/16th to 1/4 inch of gap between valve cover and brake booster. I hope thats enough, will not know until I can fire it up (in a few months). Just have to keep the fingers crossed

Wooo hooo :cheers:that truck is going to be sweeet,
Good work being dun venomvpr900.=P~

Here's another update, Got the alternator and power steering pump refinished and installed. Throttle linkage and kickdown is hooked up. Installed and wired in Mopar ignition system. Mocked up coil mount and refinished it. Much more to come!!!

alt.jpg

pspump.jpg

throttlelink.jpg

ignition.jpg

I got the radiator finally, installed it and trans cooler. Also got gauges mocked up and now starts the wiring up. Let me know what you think of the gauges. Also have the fuel pump and some other much needed parts I keep you up to date

gauges1.jpg

gauges2.jpg

gauges3.jpg

gauges4.jpg

radiator.jpg

transcooler.jpg

Here some more update pics. Got fuel pump wired in and started plumbing, another pic of trans cooler and a few engine bay update shots

update3.jpg

update4.jpg

update.jpg

update1.jpg

update2.jpg

Looks great! If it's not too late, you may consider throwing a mini-starter in it. They are a lot easy to work with and they seem to have a bunch more crank to them for what it's worth....

I plan on switching to a mini after motor is broken in and I change headers. I have been told that a mini will not work with the headmans I'm going to start with

-
Back