50 mm bov
50 mm wastegate
a500 overdrive
8 3/4 back braced and narrowed to 47"
Dr Diff axles and 2:76 sure grip
18x9.5 rear with a 295 45 18 nitto nt555
17x8 front with 245 45 18 nitto nt555
8 point rollbar with 2.5 sub frame connectors
seats are from 2002 pontiac grand prix gtp(6 way power w/heat)

Attachments

• DSC00115.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 894
  • DSC00127.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 870
  • DSC00128.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 820
  • DSC00134.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 845
  • DSC00143.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 825
  • DSC00163.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 826
  • DSC00153.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 818
  • DSC00131.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 806
  • DSC00138.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 812
  • DSC00139.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 805
I had to look because I have never seen an ugly dart. I am still right!! Cool car dude

My five year old daughter called it ugly from the day it was dropped off in the driveway.

I will prove her wrong,it just take a little time.

Thanks for the kind words guys

Cool. Are those Boss 338 wheels? Are you mini-tubbed?
I'm planning some similar stuff for my 69 Dart minus the turbo.

yes boss 338,yes it is mini tubbed.
It took me a while to find the wheel combo,i like the rear but the back spacing is a little off in the front.i would like them in about another inch and a half but they don't have that offset.
still need to trim the front fender edge about an inch and also the rear for tire clearance.

That's the wheel combo I've been eyeballing. I notice the fronts sit out there. I planned to roll my front fender lips in. Do you think you'll be OK trimming them?

You've got the rear nice and low. How'd you do it?

I'd like to see your seats. Just got done installing Caddy CTS seats in front, may go with the rear also.

Do you have any pics of the passenger side header? Did you have to cut the headers at all to get em to fit? The drivers side looks like it fits great

This was a six cylinder car to start with and it had air shocks too.I'm pretty sure the rear springs are junk,i planned on installing an add a leaf to the rear to help out a little.

I planned on trimming the front on the top along with the front of the fender lip to clear the tire when it turns.

I will be replacing the front torsion bar with a heaver bar because of the added weight from the turbo,plus it will handle better.

After looking for a body seat and the price i found the gtp seats for 40 bucks,it is hard to find seats that tilt forward to access the rear seat area.

the passenger side header is the one that needed all the work every tube had to be moved to clear the inner fender well,but for 20 bucks used and the 1/2 flanges why not.I will will take some more pictures when take them back off for blasting.

The engine right now is,
The block is machined and is .030 over
Pistons will be speed pro forged L 2386F-30
Thinking of hellfire rings
Stock rods with arp bolts(done)
Crank is undecided,they don't make a stock forged crank and the after market is beyond my budget at this time.

Camshaft is a turbo grind nothing radical
Still need to find a holley 650-750 dp

This will be 99.9% street driven,i might just throw in a cheap stock magnum engine to see what happens.

very cool build. I am doing ""something Similiar" on my 74 Duster 360, but you and everybody else will have to wait to see my setup.

Looking good.

Subscribed.

:happy1:

I'd like to know if the tire will tuck at all with that combo once the fender is trimmed. I'm at the stage of purchasing wheels.

Could you take a pic showing the front wheel & tire from the front so the fender to tire profile shows?

Will this work,i'm not completely happy with the fit in the front wheel.

Any opinions? they do not make a Boss 338 rim like this with more back spacing.:protest:

The second to the last picture is the front tire turned in to the front fender,unsure of the trimming needed:banghead:
I don't know if this makes a difference but the rotors are 11 3/4 from Dr diff.I don't have a stock rotor to check if there is any difference.

Attachments

• DSC00166.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 595
  • DSC00164.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 580
  • DSC00165.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 598
  • DSC00169.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC00167.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 609
  • DSC00170.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 587
Thanks that helps a lot. The second pic I think tells the story. No way that's going to tuck at all even with fender trimming. Seems unlikely it would be due to protruding rotors but I don't know for sure.

I don't think yours looks bad where its at but I'd like to get down to where there's a little tire behind the fender. I'll have to check things carefully before ordering rims.

After looking at the front wheels last night,the photo shown the top are in about 3/4 of an inch on the top.
My other concern is that the front tires outside to outside is 69 inches wide.
The rear is only 63 inches wide,i don't have the disc brake rotors in but that will only be a 1/4 difference per side.I could use 1" wheel spacers in the rear to widen it's stance to 65 1/2 with the rotors.

I have thought about taking 1/2 off the wheel flange and 1/2 off the rotor face,but i don't think that will bring it in close enough.:violent1:

I guess the photo is deceiving. It looks like the outside of the tire is about even with the outside of the fender.

The rear is relatively easy to deal with. It the front that is difficult for those of us who want to lower the stance. I feel your pain.

Give it 1 degree of negative camber and you'll probably be good to go.

Interesting. One degree does not seem like much, unless factory camber is pushing them out.

-
Back