Project Untop, Having fun with a '72 Swinger

-
Just do it Ross! If you do a nice job of it, it will definatly be a cool one! I agree with the clips, so you can have a hard top to clip on when it rains and whatnot, you just have to figure out how to seal it.

I couldn't find any pics of a 72, but you get the idea.

70dartconv1.jpg

3452877732_0b2f7fd1cd.jpg
Where'd you get these pics at? Are these real Dart GTs??

Not sure, just found them on Google. I doubt it though, it seems most 70 and up convertibles were originally 67 - 69 converts that someone put a front and rear clip from a 70 + onto.
Plus most 70 GT's I have seen have had the rounded dash, like a quarter pipe, instead of the dash the yellow one has in the pic, with the angle.

I am planning on it
I got the idea when I saw a convertible that someone had done at a show (just like the blue one pictured)

My boss has a '70 cuda that he did years ago and it's an absolute blast to drive, I intend to do the same thing he did and strengthen everything to make it handle well too.

Hell everybody freaked out when i cut the top off my Omni hatchback in 89!.The a/c broke, I was broke and well, traffic,patience and a couple of cold ones and that top came right off! Ended up being a whole lot more fun than with the top on it.

nope, Actually I should really sell this one as I have too many projects right now.....

well this car is now DEAD!!!!! I loaded her up and took her to the crusher because I don't have the time right now to fix her and noone wanted to buy her + I needed the space for a duster I just bought that is very solid and will be cloned into a demon.

Pics are of the dart dying another duster dying and the new '74 duster I just picked up that will become a demon using the '72 dart's nose and doors.

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 9.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 11.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 6.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 213
  • 12.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 2.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 5.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 4.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 189
Damn.. too bad. Should have cut out those inner fenders, us Canadians up here don't get the luxury of nice inners.

Do you need a set? I still have a front clip to cut up it's missing the core support but the inners are still good.

My 67 Cuda drivers inner is rotted out near the upper control arm. If you still have it when I have some money, I'll grab it from you. Thanks.

Mine's not a Mopar but it's used to haul my Cuda stuff around and it's fun to drive.2000 s-10 xtd. cab

-
Back