Projected 306 Magnum Build

-

71DartGuy

Reaction score
All right guys, lets hear those opinions. Starting to round up a few parts and getting the budget figured out. Here's what I'm thinking. Let me know how it sounds (HP and Torque estimates would be great too!)

360 magnum block .030 overbore
Sealed power 2010 pistons from Hughes Engine (10.5:1 compression?)
.039 compressed thickness head gaskets
Stock Rods
Total Seal rings 2114 from Hughes
Stock Magnum heads, some bowl work and clean up only for now
Stock Rockers
Comp CCA-20-746-9 cam and springs to match (Int at .050- 216, Exh at .050- 224, .506" lift with factory arms, 114 lsa)
Edelbrock 7577 dual plane intake
Holly 670 Street Avenger, vac secondaries
TTI headers
PYPES exhaust - 2.5 inch dual with crossover
DUI Tri-Power distributor and Live Wires
Clevite bearings
TCI convertor, somewhere around 2200 stall I think
rebuilt 904 with shift kit
3.23 rear, 26.6 in tall tires

Thanks,

Mike

Those pistons have just a slightly shorter compression height than the KB107's I am using in my 360. Have the block machined so you are at zero deck, that will get your compression to about 10.6:1 assuming your magnum heads have the same 64cc chambers as mine. The magnum heads with an ideal 0.040 quench are very detonation tolerant. I run 89 octane in mine.

Don't know what that cam is but I am using the Comp XE268H which is .224/.230 @ .050, .509/.512 with the 1.6 ratio magnum rockers and has a centerline of 110. This cam is a supper street cam, pulls hard from 1500 all the way past 6000rpm.

Don't forget the advertised lift for most cams assumes a 1.5 ratio rocker the magnum uses 1.6 and the magnum head has a limit of about .525" unless you cut down the guides. Also, LA valve springs don't fit the magnum head unless the seats are machined and you will need different retainers.

Don't know what a 7577 intake but as long as it has the magnum vertical mounting or you are redrilling you magnum heads for LA intakes it should be fine.

The cam specs are assuming a 1.6 rocker ratio. It doesnt sound a whole lot different than yours. If KB107's will work I can just as easily use those, I think they're a little cheaper anyway. Thanks!

Mike

Hey Dart Guy. That sounds like a nice build.
HP est. ? Hummm, 350 HP.

Thanks Rumble. I'm really just looking to get a good base that I can add to on down the road. I'm sure I will eventually swap in a set of Eddy heads and a healthier cam, and whatever else I can find!

-
Back