projects for the summer

-

justin hughes

Miss my car
Reaction score
it dont look like much but heres what i want to get done during the summer in between raising 4 kids ,working full time, and trying to sell the house. spent my tax money on this stuff plus the petty blue paint and supplies for the body.when it warms up a little i will finally be able to install my windshield. then on to changing the wiper pivot seals,carpet,steering wheel, and tach.tires have been my biggest expense on this whole project so far. thought i was pretty close to paint until i noticed i need to do some work on the rightside quarter and rocker panel (nothing major.) now if i can only get it in paint before i lose my garage when i move south.

Attachments

• 092.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 093.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 094.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 098.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 114
Nice ride. Love the interior color. Sounds like you have a full plate.
I worked on mine all last summer. Got out to only the final 2 cruise-ins of the season. I've got more work planned. It's all suspension and brake upgrades. Plenty of workbench labor to do first so I wont disable the car again until fall. Happy moparing

Looking good! I hope you find the time you need for it!

Thats making a nice ride,hope you get it painted but don't rush it.Good Luck

trust me , i wont be rushing it, its hard enough to find the time to do it once, wont be able to do it twice. took me all last summer just to patch the fenders and change a door. the barracuda hood additions were freebies , i thought they would be something a little different to add to a valiant. after the paint, i will concentrate on the suspension and adding some more power to the slant.

Congratulations on a great build Keep the family and job happy so you can enjoy the time you get to spend on your Dart Another great/6 car to watch, Digging the hood work you dun I did the same to my hood for my ramcharger for something a little different

Attachments

• TRUCK%20HOOD%20ROADRUNNER%20002.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 65
  • TRUCK%20HOOD%20ROADRUNNER%20003.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 62
that has got to be the coolest ramcharger hood ive ever seen.
Thank you Justin, I have had it on three truck and have never had it on a ramcharger :glasses8: A friend and I built it over ten years ago and have been approached many time to sell, But that will will never happen in my life :mrgreen: Not to high jack your thread but here is my ramcharger I am going to put it on, looking forward to your restoration thread, here is mine :mrgreen: on the ramcharger. I am doing a /6 Valiant but I am sure you have seen or herd about it here already :colors:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=116075

thats a clean looking ramcharger. the only thing i would change on it though is the bud light can would have to be a busch light can instead (dont get me wrong,i like the taste of bud but just cant stand the headaches it gives me.) actually your slant 6 has made me do alot of thinking about a different air intake setup for my valiant. trying to figure out how to make that work with a two barrel, and thinking i would need to move the battery to the trunk.

-
Back