Status
Not open for further replies.

mprhoodlum

Inmate
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Anybody got a good proportioning valve for front discs, rear drums? I need one for a 68 Barracuda.

Forget it!
I'll find one somewhere else. I'm tired of the rude know-it-alls and junk dealers that stick their noses in other peoples' business when it is not wanted!

Its looks like new . Kept it for my Demon but my son is doing disc-disc on It. I have several. they include the line ends which are different size's then Drum-drum. Some Say its to much. Then go get a newer one from 75 up even a truck will work but are not correct. I also have a complete. power disc units complete with a prop valve and all brackets and lines. Plus an extra thrown in. $160.00 plus shipping for all. Units are heavy or I would include shipping.

I just sold a torker intake for 75 it cost over 35 to ship it. If I charge less I would just be given parts away, Venders make more, and a lot of them just drop ship. I had to physically remove these parts years ago. If my parts are not usable or rare I am throwing them in the Garbage. I have to clean out. Sorry I can not accommodate Paying people to take my parts.

There were guys that came here and bought a lot. No one ever saw parts at other locations.

Good luck finding a nicer one with hardware cheaper.

Quote from Mopar Action Tech Archives on A-body disc conversion:

"your best bet is to just leave your stock “tee / switch” assembly unmolested and plumb in an adjustable valve in the rear line, as we’ve done in our swap."

On further review, I have decided to go with the recommendations from here and many other places. I just purchased an adjustable valve for $22.97. My previous statement still stands, "too much for me".

Quote from Mopar Action Tech Archives on A-body disc conversion:

"your best bet is to just leave your stock “tee / switch” assembly unmolested and plumb in an adjustable valve in the rear line, as we've done in our swap."

On further review, I have decided to go with the recommendations from here and many other places. I just purchased an adjustable valve for $22.97. My previous statement still stands, "too much for me".

We use adjustable s on the race car. What they are for . They work great when applying brakes with the same motion and pressure on controlled race surface. There is nothing like a self adjusting prop valve on the street where braking applications change as per reactions to traffic incidents. Good luck getting that manual valve set up and changed for different road conditions and braking reflex.

Also With the factory prop valve If you lose a front hose or caliper or a rear wheel cylinder. The valve closes off that side of the system allowing braking to work on opposite end. With the manual adjuster and the drum - drum tee you will be **** out of luck. Been there.

Like I said good for a race car. Not for the street. Read the warnings when you get it. I have seen brakes fail to many times over the years. And know the importance of the proportioning valves. Good luck and never say you were not for warned.

The Proportioning valves I have are polished and re O-ringed all line ends and diverter and brake switches are tested. Since this post I sold all but one that is done. The rest are cheaper but are as is the way they were removed.

We use adjustable s on the race car. What they are for . They work great when applying brakes with the same motion and pressure on controlled race surface. There is nothing like a self adjusting prop valve on the street where braking applications change as per reactions to traffic incidents. Good luck getting that manual valve set up and changed for different road conditions and braking reflex.

Also With the factory prop valve If you lose a front hose or caliper or a rear wheel cylinder. The valve closes off that side of the system allowing braking to work on opposite end. With the manual adjuster and the drum - drum tee you will be **** out of luck. Been there.

Like I said good for a race car. Not for the street. Read the warnings when you get it. I have seen brakes fail to many times over the years. And know the importance of the proportioning valves. Good luck and never say you were not for warned.

The Proportioning valves I have are polished and re O-ringed all line ends and diverter and brake switches are tested. Since this post I sold all but one that is done. The rest are cheaper but are as is the way they were removed.

A split or dual line brake fluid system happened in the master cylinders.
A proportion valve is not relative to the total brake failure condition found in single line systems.

Why not get a adjustable one they are better for you. Talked to ram man who is a pro at brakes and he said not to use stock one

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back