Proper A/C pie plate for 69 'Cuda 383 Formula S?

-

cgfen

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum, but fuel systems didn't feel right either.

We have a mostly original 383 S.

The pie plate is as shown below
383 Four Barrel
I recently saw an issue of Graveyard Cars where they worked their magic on a similar 383 Cuda, but that pie plate said Super Commando. I remember seeing those on 69 era roadrunners.

Was the Cuda and RR engine a different spec in 69? The block in our car is marked HP near the distributor pad.

I would normally just think someone changed the pie plate on our car, but it sat in a field for 40 years and the pie plate looks original to me.

So;
different pie plates between Cuda and RR?
or
"technician" at MOPAR installed wrong pie plate?
or
Ours was changed by owner circa 1972?
or
?

383 four barrel pie plate.jpg

Not sure if this is the right forum, but fuel systems didn't feel right either.

We have a mostly original 383 S.

The pie plate is as shown below
383 Four Barrel
I recently saw an issue of Graveyard Cars where they worked their magic on a similar 383 Cuda, but that pie plate said Super Commando. I remember seeing those on 69 era roadrunners.

Was the Cuda and RR engine a different spec in 69? The block in our car is marked HP near the distributor pad.

I would normally just think someone changed the pie plate on our car, but it sat in a field for 40 years and the pie plate looks original to me.

So;
different pie plates between Cuda and RR?
or
"technician" at MOPAR installed wrong pie plate?
or
Ours was changed by owner circa 1972?
or
?

View attachment 1715749129
Yep. probably a good thread to be in. It will be a interesting thread to follow.

Pretty sure the pie plate for 1969 says 383 Magnum. I have a factory brochure at home that I'll check later as I believe it is shown in there.

-
Back