Proportion ing valve help needed

-

pyrojim

Reaction score
1966 dart. Discs in front. Having trouble bleeding the system. I didn't plumb them but I think they are wrong? Don't have much to go on, but based on this picture, can some one tell me where these lines are supposed to go??
Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 206
That's not a proportioning valve.
Just a junction block of sorts, where the lines connect to.

This is what a proportioning valve looks like, on the A body cars.

(No, i don't have any more. They all have been sold)

Attachments

• Proportioning Valves 001 (Small).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 210
Lol, ok. Can you tell me the concept? There must be inlets and outlets? Can't get any fluid to any of the wheels? There is fluid coming out of the mc

Thanks kelso1, Put a call in, watched some videos, nothing there, waiting for a call. It is good info to have!!

Thanks kelso1, Put a call in, watched some videos, nothing there, waiting for a call. It is good info to have!!

here is the parts cars setup stock single pot. with distribution block
View attachment !!!!DSCF4805.jpg
here is the flow of the block it looks like your using.
View attachment !!!DSCF4809.jpg
rotate this picture to 90 to match the original setup and you have the line hookups.

here is how I did mine (I used the 5 line setup with a proportioning valve.) if you have an inline adjustable you can use the 4 line distribution block and just plumb in the line to the rear. without going through the distribution block.
View attachment !!!!!!!!linelock11111.jpg

As long as we're on the subject of brakes, I think I have the wrong push rod. Again, I bought the car as a basket case. I got the brakes bled ok, but the pedal is considerably lower than I think it should be, maybe as much as a couple inches. At least enough that when I came home last night in the dark, the brake lights were on. Any ide3a the proper length push rod. The master cylinder has been changed, I do not know the brand or model. Help is appreciated.
Jim

Thanks for the pics Kurt. I pulled the distribution block off, figured out which was 3 port and which were 2 port,re plumbed it and all is good. I do have an adjustable proportioning valve that came from SSBC. I'll have to figure out how to adjust it when I get the rest of the cobwebs figured out.

-
Back