Proportion/pressure/metering valve?

-

RLINSOCAL

Reaction score
73 Dart Swinger, been sitting awhile, rear wheel cylinders were frozen.
Rebuilt them, when bleeding found out there was no fluid going to the rear.
Master seems to be working fine, checked rear brake resevoir in master and it sucks fluid when pedal depressed.
could the proportioning valve be stuck?, can it be cleaned out?
lines are frozen solid on the valve and before I break anything just want to know if I,m heading in the right direction.

thx for the time and info.

Had the same problem on my 69 Dart when I upgraded to disks in the front. I put a junkyard valve in, and got no fluid to the rear. Replaced the valve with another one, and it worked fine. Can you take the rear line off the valve, to see if fluid is even flowing back that direction?

Had the same problem on my 69 Dart when I upgraded to disks in the front. I put a junkyard valve in, and got no fluid to the rear. Replaced the valve with another one, and it worked fine. Can you take the rear line off the valve, to see if fluid is even flowing back that direction?

Not yet, I sprayed the heck out of it with WD40 yesterday and will try again.

Perportion valve is not to be repaired or renewed. Reason being, A master cylinder will fire a few warning shots before it kills you. A perportion valve will not. It can dump all the brake fliud in a heatbeat. It can fail to supply fluid pressure to any line, firm pedal or not. Buy a new one. Master Brakes gets about 60 bucks for it.

Perportion valve is not to be repaired or renewed. Reason being, A master cylinder will fire a few warning shots before it kills you. A perportion valve will not. It can dump all the brake fliud in a heatbeat. It can fail to supply fluid pressure to any line, firm pedal or not. Buy a new one. Master Brakes gets about 60 bucks for it.

THX Red
seems like no-one like Napa Rock etc sells em....so thx for the referral...

Can anyone tell me "exactly" what this this is called???
Pressure differential valve?

-
Back