Not open for further replies.

69cudaownr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a proportioning valve or am I? Does my 69 Barracuda need to have anything different than the distribution valve that is on it already? I'm swapping the front drums for discs. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Looking for a proportioning valve or am I? Does my 69 Barracuda need to have anything different than the distribution valve that is on it already? I'm swapping the front drums for discs. Any help is appreciated.
Correct, a proportioning valve is added to the line running to the rear brakes.
You can use a small adjustable aftermarket one, or an original (or reproduction). The originals look like the state of Texas (sortof) - Doing a search here for Texas valve should urn up some photos showing one mounted.

Basic hydraulic system with the new for '67 tandem master cylindersis explained here.
1967 Imperial & Chrysler Dual Hydraulic Brake Repair Book - Session 232
The proportioning valve for disks is discussed starting on page 6 here
1967 Imperial & Chrysler Disc Brake System - Session 233

A disk brake master cylinder with larger reseviour is ideal, but you can get away with just removing the residual valve from a drum brake master. That's what the rebuilders are selling these days anyway. :(

Excellent info Mattax. I read it and understand thanks a lot. I've seen that proportioning valve for sale on one of the sites. I'll track it down.

And I have now found the Dr. Diff proportioning valve that replaces the distribution valve. The pricing is almost identical. I think the Dr. Diff set up is an easier step. But I better have a look just in case my headers are running interference on work in that area.

Thanks again to both of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back