Pros and cons of solid lifters?

-
PS... with .034 quench there wont be any carbon present. That's the idea. It's why you can run 200psi on pump fuel with an iron head. I think it's pretty good. Maybe a tad overbuilt on the girdles part, but a nice combo.

PS... with .034 quench there wont be any carbon present. That's the idea. It's why you can run 200psi on pump fuel with an iron head. I think it's pretty good. Maybe a tad overbuilt on the girdles part, but a nice combo.

Yeah I seen these rocker arm girdles and had to have them they are pretty sweet looking.......additional cost though I had to get aluminum taller valve covers to clear everything.

For some reason I have a hard time lifting my foot off the pedal........Less chance of it breaking hopefully with the girdles......HAAAAAAAAAAAA

I will post some pictures soon of what I have going on.

Yeah I know I was jokin, some guy on another site said that and it reminded me when I read the .034 quench.lol=P~

Seriously I would'a thought the cam bled it down to 185-190psi or so cranking.
cool man.8)

I have a friend that just switched from solid to hydro. He was sick and tired of removing the valve covers and adjusting the valves. I don't know if he was doing everything right or not but the motor is new and it wasn't long he switched. If I had a drag race car it would have solid .... street car hydro. I'm not bad mouthing the solid I'm just stating the experience my friend had with the solid.

I think a solid cam in a street car would be cool for a while, what with the little extra power and the cool sound but would probably get annoying eventually. If you need the ramps on your cam to be high enough to require solid or roller lifters then use them, but I don't see the point of running a solid cam in a street engine that doesn't need it.

-
Back