Proud to meetcha!

-
D

Dirty Scamp

Hey everyone!

I just picked up a super clean 1972 Scamp and was Googling things about it when I came across this site. It looks like a cool place and I figure I'll check in often.

Anywho,

The new ride is totally rust free, all original and the only thing that doesn't work right now is the radio. The paint is pretty oxidized but the interior is primo and the body is straight as an arrow. It's got a 225 in it now and I had plans of stuffing a 340 in it, but I think I'll wait until the Slant gives up. It runs and drives like new right now, I'd hate to ruin a good thing. I plan on getting it repainted and basically restoring it for now, but will toss some American Racing Torque Thrust D's on it and give it an old school muscle car look.

I'll post some pics as soon as I get the dang camera working again.

Why you dirty little scamp!!

Welcome to the site. For sure, you will find all the info you need(and some you don't) here. Sounds like a great project....and hurry with those pics. We love pics!

SWINGER (Small).jpg

Welcome,

If you want to put the torque thrusts on it you will have to change the bolt pattern on the car if it still has the 4" bolt circle on it. I have not seen the torque thrusts in 4" pattern. This is the one thing you like most people learn to hate, the small 4" bolt circle on most a-bodies.

Chuck

Thanks for the info, I was actually wondering about that. I guess I better tear off one of the hub caps and take a measurement.

welcome Dirty Scamp! what part of AZ are you from? my mom and sister live in mesa. sounds like a nice car. post some pics when you get a chance........

Dirty Scamp said:
IIt's got a 225 in it now and I had plans of stuffing a 340 in it, but I think I'll wait until the Slant gives up.
You might be waiting awhile! :lol:

Or you might change your mind and build that leaning tower of power.
Welcome Dirty Scamp there are some nice /6 info here too.

1967_VC_Valiant_Engine_Bay_023.jpg

memike said:
Or you might change your mind and build that leaning tower of power.
Welcome Dirty Scamp there are some nice /6 info here too.
That thing is sick! I was considering working with the /6. My neighbor builds drag bikes and I was thinking about having him help me build a turbo setup for it.

Oh, 7demon2, I'm in East Mesa.

Just don't put any money into that /6. The same cash into a V-8 will be a better investment, better yet, pickup a 5.9L truck motor, slap a Crosswind intake and an edelbrock carb on it, get a mopar ignition kit, and you have a 300 hp V-8 on the cheap. Spend an extra $200 on a cam and gaskets and you can get near 400hp. You could do all this for about $1200-1400.

-
Back