PRW rockers ever heard of em?

-

UDUST81

Reaction score
lookin through fleabay and saw these [ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRW-Mopar-383-410-426W-440-Aluminum-Shaft-Mount-Rocker-Arm-System-1-6-/161423246454?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2595934476&vxp=mtr"]PRW Mopar 383 410 426W 440 Aluminum Shaft Mount Rocker Arm System 1 6 | eBay[/ame] was wondering if anyone has ever used em thanks!

Dude I just bought this brand from my racing buddys speed shop down in North Port florida and they are very nice setup and cant beat the price! $409 shipped! Comes with everything even the measuring pushrods for both cup and ball, really nice geometry on the valves, I got the 1.6 ratio. Let me know if you need his contact info he has the best prices for these units. Danny

I wouldn't use needle bearing rockers if someone held a gun to my head. Especially cheap ones.

T&D, Harland Sharp and Jesel all use needle bearings and are regarded as "The Best".

Dude I just bought this brand from my racing buddys speed shop down in North Port florida and they are very nice setup and cant beat the price! $409 shipped! Comes with everything even the measuring pushrods for both cup and ball, really nice geometry on the valves, I got the 1.6 ratio. Let me know if you need his contact info he has the best prices for these units. Danny

are you talking the same ones on the ebay page? because those are $234 shipped lol

theres these stainless steel ones from PRW for a little more [ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRW-BB-Mopar-383-440-Stainless-Steel-Shaft-Mount-Roller-Rocker-Arms-1-6-Ratio-/380468333072?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5895ae0a10&vxp=mtr"]PRW BB Mopar 383 440 Stainless Steel Shaft Mount Roller Rocker Arms 1 6 Ratio | eBay[/ame]

What problems with the ones you ran with needle bearings did you encounter? Experience with this brand? What brand did you have troubles with? Just curious

As of late, I have had major issue with the SBM PRW SS rockers. Roller tips are not parallel to the valve tip. I have sent back 6 sets this year alone and will not buy anymore, and Im a dealer for them. Plus the SS will not clear most 1.44" springs or bigger.

That's a shame for what appears to be such a nicely made product.
Are they saying anything about the situation?

NOPE. They don't care as there are a low seller compared to the SBC stuff. I have gone over this with them, showed them pics, sent them back, had them "HAND PICK" a new set, still all messed up. See the pic. Look at the roller tip to valve tip, there is an obvious "GAP", wedge shaped. 2 PRW SS rockers and one of the "other" guys rockers. The other rocker sits on there just fine, no issues.

Attachments

• SMB PRW rocker-3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 536
  • PRW rpm head.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 645
  • Brand X rocker.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 546
T&D, Harland Sharp and Jesel all use needle bearings and are regarded as "The Best".

I understand. We all have different opinions and ways of doing things. It's simply my personal preference to stay away from needle bearings on the rocker shaft. I much prefer a bronze bushing. Just personal preference is all.

What problems with the ones you ran with needle bearings did you encounter? Experience with this brand? What brand did you have troubles with? Just curious

Yup. Seen some just like the op is asking about come apart and spew needle bearings down into the intake valley, on top of the cam and into the crankcase. Amazingly, nothing any worse than the rockers failing happened, but he got really lucky.

As I said, I realize there are high end needle bearing rockers, but my personal preference is to use bronze bushings.

I prefer the bushing style as well. Like Hughes, New Comp Magnum, Crane Gold, Norris ect.

I have had a few failures with both types, roller and non roller.

NOPE. They don't care as there are a low seller compared to the SBC stuff. I have gone over this with them, showed them pics, sent them back, had them "HAND PICK" a new set, still all messed up. See the pic. Look at the roller tip to valve tip, there is an obvious "GAP", wedge shaped. 2 PRW SS rockers and one of the "other" guys rockers. The other rocker sits on there just fine, no issues.

Naw man, them's valve rotators! Can you fix them, ie pull roller tip and stick a drift in there and true it up, bent rod style?

:wack:

Can see catastrophic failure in the near future....

If not catastrophic, the off-center contact will cause enough guide side loading and wear to pretty much wipe out any advantage they may have provided. So now you just have rockers that weigh more, cost more, and dump more oil into the top of the engine.

-
Back