-
Status
Not open for further replies.

zephyr

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a used power steering gearbox and pump for my 65 Dart. Mine are leaking and rebuilds are too expensive. Willing to take a chance on ones from a wrecked car or whatever. My pump is the TRW type. Car is a 273, now 318.
I do not have the skill or space to do any of the work myself. New parts don't exist. My mechanic has somebody who can rebuild them but it's going to be about $1500 including labor which I cannot afford.
Thanks

Last edited:
You also may want to mention which engine you have. The press-on pulleys are different between a 6 and a small block. If yours are just leaking, but, still work ok, why not just get a seal kit for them?

Looking for a used power steering gearbox and pump for my 65 Dart. Mine are leaking and rebuilds are too expensive. Willing to take a chance on ones from a wrecked car or whatever. My pump is the TRW type. Car is a 273, now 318.
I do not have the skill or space to do any of the work myself. New parts don't exist. My mechanic has somebody who can rebuild them but it's going to be about $1500 including labor which I cannot afford.
Thanks

That seems excessive. You might want to look up a Hector Carrillo, in Palm springs area. He has a cottage business rebuilding / resealing GM power steering boxes and adding quick ratios. Maybe he does other makes. His reviews seem to be good, he's been on V8buick for many years. His avatar on www.V8buick.com has been "Carhex". Good luck in what ever you do. Dave S

Thanks
i got a gear box ran good before i pulled it. ill take 75.00 bucks for it

Thanks
I have them they are out of a 68 dart 273

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back