PS pump fitting size/type?

-

ghinmi

Reaction score
Having an issue finding a power steering pressure hose. Everywhere I look it says it's supposed to be a M16x1.5 0-ring fitting. I bought the proper adapter to -6an and the high pressure hose ends/line. However, my pump pressure side only has an o-ring sealing surface and no internal threads. Just a bolt hole next to it like it's meant to be a bolt-on fitting? I'm at a loss here. Engine is a 2010 5.7 from a manual trans Challenger. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looked it up and the manual trans cars get a different power steering pump. Not sure the difference but I'd assume that's why mine has this goofy hose connection. Any way around this aside from buying a new pump?

It is probably proprietary. Since I can't see it and am not familiar, some generalities.........

Try to find one at a junk yard.

If it is steel there is a couple of options.......Cut it off and braze a standard hydraulic fitting onto the hose. Then you can have a section of hose "made up" either with screw on or crimp on hydrolic fittings.

Weatherhead and others make compression fittings.......a heavy duty compression fitting on a hose end. You can clamp it right onto a "stub" of the original steel end. This may or may not work on metric tube, and the hydraulic outfits may HAVE metric compression ends by now

41VICtAxRXL._SX342_.jpg

Thanks, that was my first thought as well. I'm not having any luck matching anything up. The fitting looks to be specific to the manual trans Challenger which means I'm not going to find one in the junkyard. The 16x1.5 fitting seems to seat against the sealing surface. Maybe I can make a plate that bolts on with 16mm threads?

-
Back