PST 1.03 Torsion Bars?

-

txduster

Reaction score
Is anyone running 1.03 torsion bars on a duster/demon with a 340? If so, how stiff is it? I am replacing my front end suspension bushings with PST's polygraphite kit / 1 1/8" sway bars/KYB shocks and don't want it to ride like a tank. Not planning on racing, just using as a weekend cruiser.

Let me know your thoughts or experiences.

Give a shout to autoxcuda, he is the only guy (that I know of, I'm not saying there isnt more, he's just the one I know of) that's gone through pretty much all the suspension setups minus alterKation. For alterKation talk to Abodyjoe (he runs coilovers) and there is another member here (sorry man I don't know your name) that has a blue cuda using alterKation with airride.
Hahaha I just found he's name it's momoparman that is using airride.

I've ran .99" t-bar from 1993 to 2010. It is stiffer. But not that bad. I daily drove the car from one end of LA to the other 40 miles each way every day. So it's not that big a deal.

If you run a 225/60/15 tire it even softens it more due to the sidewall. Most people report it like driving a Z28. KYB will make it even ride rougher too. Hotchkis Bilsteins would be a much better choice.

Second that on the KYB's making the ride rougher. They are a fairly stiff shock and combined with a stiff tbar,your *** may regret it.

Personally I'd say the 1.03's are overkill and the term "lumberwagon" comes to mind. I'd recommend the .890 or .920's for nicest ride. I'm running .920's in a BB Demon (mind you with a few aluminum engine parts and fiberglass hood) and I'm thinking of switching back to the .890's.

-
Back