PST lca stiffening plate on LCA with factory sway bar bracket

-

pauly

MOPAR or no car!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally getting around to rebuilding my lca’s. 1970 Duster with factory sway bar. Welding the plate on is pretty straight forward, but should I notch it to clear the sway bar bracket or weld it over the top of it?

Looking for some input.

Pictures

407739B6-4490-4242-B12B-E9453E8A15E5.jpeg

BA666AA3-7800-4786-BE9B-8F909F30D29A.jpeg

Notching it would probably give you a cleaner looking result. As long as you clamp it down tight it’s unlikely it’ll make much of a difference either way since the overlap is fairly small. It won’t make a difference in the overall strength of the LCA.

Overlapping it might strengthen the sway bar mount a little, but it only overlaps the one corner so it wouldn’t do much for the mount, assuming that’s all you did.

Notching it would probably give you a cleaner looking result. As long as you clamp it down tight it’s unlikely it’ll make much of a difference either way since the overlap is fairly small. It won’t make a difference in the overall strength of the LCA.

Overlapping it might strengthen the sway bar mount a little, but it only overlaps the one corner so it wouldn’t do much for the mount, assuming that’s all you did.
Thanks for the input. I’ve watched several videos and every install is on non-factory sway bar lca’s! What are the odds??

Thanks for the input. I’ve watched several videos and every install is on non-factory sway bar lca’s! What are the odds??

They made a lot more without tabs than they did with tabs. :D

-
Back