PST suspension kit installed today

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a PST suspension kit installed and the front end aligned today. It sure does drive different and tight. I was surprised how bad the front end really was. The steering linkage wasn't too bad but lots of other stuff was rusted and a pain to get apart. It was quite a job. It kept two of us busy all day. Jim is a pretty sharp front end tech at a local dealer on my tool route and is old enough to know and appreciate old cars. I will have to pay the shop tomorrow and I'm sure it won't be cheap. 8 hours of labor at dealership rates is not cheap. But the project is done and with good results and I won't have to do it again. I can imagine you guys that take everything apart and blast and paint or powder coat and assemble could take weeks. I would love to do a project that way but I don't have the time or the place to do it. I did take a few photos with my cell phone but I haven't figured out how to get them off there and on to my computer. Soon as I do I'll post them. toolmanmike

isnt it amazing what a difference it makes. it just took me about 1 1/2 weeks from tearing the wagon apart to having the wheels back on the ground. but that includes blasting and painting. those are the time consuming parts. enjoy the new front end!
-aaron-

Aa, I had it on the highway on the way home and took my finger off the wheel for almost a half a mile and it drove straight as an arrow. A new set of shocks and rebuild the steering coupler and I should be set. toolman

Throw some KYB gas shocks on there and you'll be amazed it's the same car....8)

Adding a Poly-Graphite rebuild kit should be mandatory on our old Mopars. It makes THAT much of a difference. I haven't installed mine yet, but people say adding sub-frame connectors now will also dramaticly improve the ride.

i agree. i had a poly kit on my scamp. i went with rubber on the wagon though because the poly squeeked and drove me crazy. but poly bushings, swaybars and kyb's made that thing handle!

I have been thinking pretty serious about subframe connectors. toolman

-
Back