pst torsion bars

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
hi y'all,

i have looked at 2 listings for the PST 1.03 torsion bars. one is listed as 0 indexing, the other says indexed. all it says is 0 indexing is for stock height, and indexed is for lowered cars.

i know there were issues with the bars and the adjuster being way out of the arm to set the vehicle height.

i will be running stock disc brake spindles, not lowering spindles. tho i am going to prop use the adjusters and drop the front an inch lower than stock.

thanks in advance
matt

Yea, I'd have the same reservations after that past issue with them.
Contact Mike? at PST on here and verify the number or whatever for the stock clocked bars.

Both actually work fine the 0 or non indexed were the ones the guys that never had their cars running were complaining about. The new ones I guess are indexed 20 degrees, perfect if you want your car to set up high like stock or even higher like an early gasser. I don't think you would be disappointed with either set, they offer a huge improvement over stock handling.

To help clear up confusion. Any of our left over stock of the zero indexed bars or ones that were returned that were not installed in customers cars but they wanted to exchange for the indexed. We sell on our ebay store at a discount as there is limited stock. The 0 index in most cases are able to achieve factory height they just do not have as much adjust ability as the indexed bars.

If you have any other questions please let me know and I will do my best to answer them?

Thanks
James

To help clear up confusion. Any of our left over stock of the zero indexed bars or ones that were returned that were not installed in customers cars but they wanted to exchange for the indexed. We sell on our ebay store at a discount as there is limited stock. The 0 index in most cases are able to achieve factory height they just do not have as much adjust ability as the indexed bars.

If you have any other questions please let me know and I will do my best to answer them?

Thanks
James

Thanks for clearing that up James.
And sorry about getting your name wrong.

I have a set of the indexed bars. I can get stock or higher ride height no problem.
they work awesome. nice firm but not to harsh of a ride. really woke the handling of my little valiant up Big time.

So if one wanted stock height or lower, without drop spindles, they would want the zero index? This just befuddles me to no end with the indexing and such. The indexed bars are indexed to raise ride height?

So, $219 on the PST site, and $219 on ebay. I'm no math whiz, but that's not what I'd call a discount.

here is what they are saying is the issue with the 0 index ones..

adjusting bolts all the way in and car still sitting too low..

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=231348&highlight=pst+torsion+bars

Since we are building a car with a few engineers in the house, (slows things down!), I will share our experience with the PST 1.03's for you Peter. In our application, (inline 6 with an aluminum alloy head, no installed fluids, or hood, we had to set the adjustment screws ALL THE WAY IN to stay about 3 mm to 4.1 mm, (1/8" to 3/16"), off the LCA bump stops. If we were going for the slammed, bagged look this might have been OK but to not have ANY adjustment left AT ALL for a car at full weight with fluids or settled bars resulted in the 1.03's to be completely unacceptable for our application.

We ended up calling Dick at Firm Feel for the correct 1.06 torsion bars with approximately 15 degrees of offset.

While I'm sure some folks feel OK living with a zero offset bar and a buried adjustment setting we do not.

PST: Fix the offset issue, do a little PPAP, and you should have a product that works.

I would LOVE to hear from successful 1.03 PST users myself and see a picture of their adjustment screws.

So, $219 on the PST site, and $219 on ebay. I'm no math whiz, but that's not what I'd call a discount.

Please read our listings on ebay in the heading on the listing it will state ZERO INDEX in parenthesis then it is $209. The rest of the listing are $219 because they are indexed. But as of yesterday we have sold the last set of zero indexed bars. So the listing has been taken down for the A bodies. We still have 0 index for the B & E bodies and that's what you will find if you do a search now

[/QUOTE]Brandon Weaver So if one wanted stock height or lower, without drop spindles, they would want the zero index? This just befuddles me to no end with the indexing and such. The indexed bars are indexed to raise ride height?[/QUOTE]

As for the indexing we made a change the end of last year and went from a 0 index bar to 20 degree indexed bar. The reason that we did this was to allow for a larger range of adjust-ability in ride height. As we had, had a few customers claim they could not achieve factory ride height(less then 10% of customers). Since we were running out of stock and were at the point of re order we made the change. Any of the zero indexed bars on ebay that you see are either old stock or a customer that has not installed them yet had decided to exchange them for the indexed bars. With the new bars you can run either a lowered stance or factory ride height with no issues

Thanks
James

-
Back