PTC 9.5 stall converter question

-

kingvern

Reaction score
I have a CRT super pro 904 trans behind a 408 600hp 550tq. When I bought trans and converter (used) the guy I bought it from was running it behind a 416 turbo engine (800hp) now I didn't think anything about the converter ( also a ptc9.5)being behind a turbo so I put it in my car. Now my car leaves like a turd 2nd gear is like there is nothing there 3rd gear gets better. So my question is I also have another ptc 9.5 that I had behind my naturally aspirated 450hp 340 that worked very well. Will this converter work better with my new engine and will it handle a trans brake.

Best bet...write down the serial numbers on the converters and call PTC....

Best bet...write down the serial numbers on the converters and call PTC....

I agree with 70 aarcuda call PTC. Convertors for turbo cars is going to be tighter than one for a NA motor. The other one should work better. I am running a 8 inch PTC convertor behind my stroked 340 (394 ci).

8 inch is going to be faster and quicker. There is a reason the 8 inch is a good bit more expensive( assuming motor is N/A)

I understand that 8 inch will be faster and quicker. But not very street friendly as far as I know. I drive mine mostly on the street.

I understand that 8 inch will be faster and quicker. But not very street friendly as far as I know. I drive mine mostly on the street.

Never had anything but 8 inch convertors in my cars and they are all street strip. Admittedly not cars to get on the freeway and go 200 miles, but i have went 70 miles round trip and raced and driven it back home. Maybe could have went way further, just never have on DOT slicks, which are my main concern, not the convertor
Get a good cooler and dont look back. Bet 95% of the drag week guys run 8 inch convertors

I run a good tci 8", 90% street use and 10% strip use. Honestly it is not like it is at 5000 rpm all the time. It does not feel that much looser than a 9" or 10" high stall unti you really get on it. I wouldn't hesitate to run an 8" on the street and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I also run a 8
I run a good tci 8", 90% street use and 10% strip use. Honestly it is not like it is at 5000 rpm all the time. It does not feel that much looser than a 9" or 10" high stall unti you really get on it. I wouldn't hesitate to run an 8" on the street and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I also run a 8 inch convertor on the street and have no issues. I use to drive 135 miles round trip to the track. Never even noticed a difference.

Thank you guys. I will be selling this Ptc turbo converter and crt super pro 904 with trans brake and going back to my other transmission. I will call ptc tomorrow for a new converter.

-
Back