ptc

-
You are better off calling them with the part number. There is no standard stall for a size.

I don't like to say anything bad about anybody and i really can't say don't use their products because they took care of me when things were not right.
I bought a 904 transmission and converter from them and the stall speed was off on the converter by 500 rpms and the transmission did not shift the way it should have.
I took it all out after running it and sent it back for a full refund.(PTC)
So in seeing that kind of customer service, i won't say don't buy it.

Dynamic is really good and i have never really heard anything bad about turbo action and they are also good.
All i run is dynamic transmissions and converters ,with turbo action valve bodies.
My last transmission was build by my freind who knows 904's/727's really good.
It's all about who builds it.
That go's for any company also.
Some people are just better then others.
My chevy friend runs a ptc combination and has had 0 problems.
If you buy a dynamic converter,go with frank lupo's dynamic transmission.
Both my dynamic convertors were right on the money as far as the stall speed goes.
I bought a 10 inch over ten years ago and it's still running in a second car.
The 9 1/2 converter is nice and lowered my rpm on the highway a little while giving me almost 1000 more stall speed.
The 10 inch is a 3000 stall.
The 9 1/2 is 3800 to 4000 stall.
Good luck in making your mind up.
If your going with a convertor over 3000 ,i would go with the 9 1/2 dynamic.
What cam are you running????
If it has a big enough duration to it,the peak torque will be kind of higher in the rpm range.
Just match it up so you have the stall right under your peak torque.
Talk to the company who will build your converter and give them all your information and what you really want to do.
They want your business SO REMEMBER, the price can be higher or lower and it's up to you to get a better price.
Let who ever you are buying it from,know that your shopping around.
They will always come down on the price.
GOOD LUCK :glasses2:

Better than T/A convetors, not that I've seen.
what have you seen? several are running these in nss. "Well manufactured converter. I will let you know how my 9 inch works in a few weeks. should stall about 3800 behind my 600 horse rb in a 3400 pound car with 4.88s

I run an 8" PTC converter, flashes to 5000 RPM behind my 410 stroker. Very nice piece, I would not hesitate to buy another. You would have to talk to the folks at PTC about the stall…they will custom build one for your specific combination. That’s what I did and I’m very happy with how my car launches.

what have you seen? several are running these in nss. "Well manufactured converter. I will let you know how my 9 inch works in a few weeks. should stall about 3800 behind my 600 horse rb in a 3400 pound car with 4.88s

All the Stock Elim guys I know that have tried ptc, none have kept them. Every one was purpose built and they were all slower than the other brand that were in use prior.

i have one coming in a week i will keep you informed i have read a lot of good reports with them

Quote : If you buy a dynamic converter,go with frank lupo's dynamic transmission.

I have a 62 BB - 727 Dynamic reverse manual valve body push button transmission in my LA powered 64 Signet from when Frank and Harold were together around 1990, I never had any kind of problem and they offer a 1 year unconditional guarantee of their trans and converter, try getting a guarantee like that from anyone else. The transmission is still in the Signet and I've gone through 3 engines so far and just put a 1991-360 in front of it this past summer. No failures on the transmission or converter ever

I was dissapointed with PTC when I called to get a 4200 stall and they wanted to build me a 5400 when I just told them mine eas stallin 5500 and the car ran the best with a 4800.Like I'm going to pay them 800bucks for 200 rpm

-
Back