PUI seat foam?

-

4404spd

Reaction score
I have a set of 72 Duster bucket seats and am recovering them with 70 Dart upolstery from Legendarys. The 72 Duster seat foam is all wrong for the 70 covers. PUI is the only company offering foam for the Dart seats... Has anyone used this brand before? And if so how is the product. Note 70-72 have the same steel seat frame.

been researching this myself between legendary and PUI.
Seems PUI has stepped up there Quality control and have closed the gap. But am curious also.

I have a set of 72 buckets(and the medallions for the rear seat) that I also wanted to recover as 70's but when I threw that out on the forum many members said they are different.

I think the 72 seat stitching looks better so I'm just going to use 72 front and rear upholstery in my 70 might make a purist or two mad but it's a restomod

I too will be doing the same thing. I have a set bucket seats from a 70 Duster and will be recovering them with the 70 Dart style seat covers.

I just did a goggle search again and 70-72 seat frames are the same, So it you want to recover yours as 70's go for it. The only thing that differs is the seat buns.

More than likely I will put my trust in someone else to do the recovering for me as I don't have a clue on how to do it myself.

Well, Back to square one. PUI seat buns are F$%!ing junk. Nothing about these are right for 70 Dart bucket seats. Im sending them back for a full refund. Now what do I do. I have new Legenday covers I had to pay 20% more for because I wanted white and they said they never came that way with no seat foams for a car that is done.:banghead:

Talk to a reputable upholstery shop & Let them know what you're trying to accomplish. Bring the frames & skins down & have a conversation. They may be able to build the foam for you or give you a few leads on suppliers.

Im going to make some calls tomorrow, Im so sick of paying top dollar for junk! Its nonstop. First thing you seen when I opened the box was made in China!

-
Back