pulley question

-

abodylurker

Reaction score
Hey guys, what I'm wanting to do is take my AC unit off for the time being and I'm about as confused about what I need as when I started. I've got a 74 360, AC, PS and i believe what I need is to;
1. Change out alternator brackets
2. Move PS belt from fan pulley, crank, PS setup to crank and PS only with shorter belt.
3.Change fan pulley to one that will move the belt closer to the block and this will facilitate using another groove in the crank pulley to run a crank pulley , fan pulley, alternator setup with the alternator using only one belt.

Does this sound correct or am i missing something?
The 74 360 uses what seems to be a later pulley on the fan now which is different than what I commonly find available but I have a line on a NOS pulley that should work according to a crash book but sometimes these are wrong. Also , will my double pulley on my alternator work or is the spacing off? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• springs 062 resized.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 271
you will need the correct alt. brackets, the correct water pump and crank pulleys to change over to non a/c correctly.

you will then run two belts..

rear belt will run from the crank to the water pump and rear pulley on the alt.

front belt will go from the crank to the power steering pulley.

here are the parts you need.. you can use the measurements to buy the proper used pulleys or just buy the pulleys new.

pulley1.png

pulley2.png

pulley1-1.jpg

i think i have the brackets you need as well as a pulley that should work

shoot me a PM if you are interested

on a side note, you should be able to keep the lower alternator bracket (the banana one) without the A/C

You will also need the single groove alt pulley for best alignment.

a single groove alt. pulley will look a lot better but on a double groove alt. pulley the rear groove is where the single pulley is so it will align properly.

Great answers guys! Didn't realize I needed a crank pulley too. More money , more parts, MOPAR.

I just shimmed mine with some washers until it was straight enough to work. It's been working fine so far. Lol but I guess there is always a right and wrong way to do things. Beats spending a bunch of time and money to hunt down the right ones though.

-
Back