Pulley System

-
correct
once you have the truck mount, the v8 will mount in that slant 6 K frame like it belongs in there

here is a recent conversation on it

Small block in a slant 6 abody 67-72 cheap and easy using truck mounts
The truck motor mount bracket, does it matter if it's from a small block or a big block? The thick motor mount from a/6 duster does it matter what year? I think that the article said that the truck mount was for a '72 - '90. I'm rethinking a /6 car since the motor mount problem has been taken care of. I believe a friend of mine has a 8 1/4" that he put a posi unit in it along with a 3.55 gear ratio.

The truck motor mount bracket, does it matter if it's from a small block or a big block? The thick motor mount from a/6 duster does it matter what year? I think that the article said that the truck mount was for a '72 - '90. I'm rethinking a /6 car since the motor mount problem has been taken care of. I believe a friend of mine has a 8 1/4" that he put a posi unit in it along with a 3.55 gear ratio.
ok, so you could be teetering on the edge of the thought of making a decision about maybe commiting to a possible purchase just perhaps if the stars align etc. GO FOR IT!!!! :lol:
neil.

The truck motor mount bracket, does it matter if it's from a small block or a big block? The thick motor mount from a/6 duster does it matter what year?
A big block bracket will not fit a small block.
Use the slant 6 biscuit from the year K frame you have. Or better yet, use the 2710 ('90ish Cummins) biscuit, same thickness as the slant isolator, but has interlocks on it- no need for a torque strap.
602710_1__ra_t.jpg

ok, so you could be teetering on the edge of the thought of making a decision about maybe commiting to a possible purchase just perhaps if the stars align etc. GO FOR IT!!!! :lol:
neil.
I'm looking into getting that '72 scamp even though it's a/6 car. I figured it would be a good candidate for a 360 transplant.

I'm looking into getting that '72 scamp even though it's a/6 car. I figured it would be a good candidate for a 360 transplant.
even though previously you bemoaned how much it would be to do a V8 swap?

dan the consistently paradoxical man, indeed.

I
even though previously you bemoaned how much it would be to do a V8 swap?

dan the consistently paradoxical man, indeed.
I know, I'm not perfect, sorry about that. This route I think that I can get exactly what I want and how I want it. Have a friend who has a nice heated garage

I
I know, I'm not perfect, sorry about that. This route I think that I can get exactly what I want and how I want it. Have a friend who has a nice heated garage
that's the thing, buy a cheaper but clean car that you can make exactly what you want. if you buy a car that's close but more expensive you'll end up spending money to make it 'the one' anyway. at least with that scamp you're out driving in it while you collect all the parts for the rebuild. as i said before the body is the most important thing, closely followed by chrome and interior. all the mechanical parts can be swapped out easily.
neil.

I
There ya go

I just replaced the rear brakes on my plow truck in the snow, it was great

like i mentioned, my duster started out as a slant six, here is a shot of when i was buttoning up the 360 swap
now, ive had limited mechanical experience, you know, brake jobs, oil changes, switched out the odd manual transmission

with a little fore thought, some planning and the guys over at FABO i had no problem what so ever getting the whole thing switched over
the only thing i wasnt confident about was getting the automatic hooked up to the 360, since i never dealt with a torque converter before
funny story about that, i posted on here i needed to know what the best way was to put them together and one of our fellow members send me a PM, asking when i was gonna do it and he'd be right over

20150929_123419.jpg

There ya go

I just replaced the rear brakes on my plow truck in the snow, it was great

like i mentioned, my duster started out as a slant six, here is a shot of when i was buttoning up the 360 swap
now, ive had limited mechanical experience, you know, brake jobs, oil changes, switched out the odd manual transmission

with a little fore thought, some planning and the guys over at FABO i had no problem what so ever getting the whole thing switched over
the only thing i wasnt confident about was getting the automatic hooked up to the 360, since i never dealt with a torque converter before
funny story about that, i posted on here i needed to know what the best way was to put them together and one of our fellow members send me a PM, asking when i was gonna do it and he'd be right over

View attachment 1716043805
Awesome car. That was great for him to help you like that. I do have a good friend of mine who has a heated garage that I can use

-
Back