Pulleys, belts etc.

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Been doing a little research, not exactly sure what I need. Gathering parts for a large maintenance project to keep the Dart running right.

I have to replace my leaky, chirping water pump. I found the MP 6 blade one pretty cheap (almost the same price as a regular stock replacement) At the same time, I want to ditch my A/C and power steering so I will need to reconfigure my pulley and belt system for a clean install. I already have a new Flaming River box and Firm Feel adapter I intend to use. This is for a '71 318.

As an aside, while the lower part of the column is apart, I'm going to pull it out, replace the turn signal switch, swap in my floor-shift collar and install a floor shifter. I have all the parts to do that already.

Can anyone confirm for me what pulleys and belts I need to do the job? I'm not opposed to spending the coin on the right pieces from a resto place but obviously I need the correct ones. Part #s for the belts would be great if possible since those are likely available at a genearal parts store.

Thanks,

- Greg

Been doing a little research, not exactly sure what I need. Gathering parts for a large maintenance project to keep the Dart running right.

I have to replace my leaky, chirping water pump. I found the MP 6 blade one pretty cheap (almost the same price as a regular stock replacement) At the same time, I want to ditch my A/C and power steering so I will need to reconfigure my pulley and belt system for a clean install. I already have a new Flaming River box and Firm Feel adapter I intend to use. This is for a '71 318.

As an aside, while the lower part of the column is apart, I'm going to pull it out, replace the turn signal switch, swap in my floor-shift collar and install a floor shifter. I have all the parts to do that already.

Can anyone confirm for me what pulleys and belts I need to do the job? I'm not opposed to spending the coin on the right pieces from a resto place but obviously I need the correct ones. Part #s for the belts would be great if possible since those are likely available at a genearal parts store.

Thanks,

- Greg
I bought the March pully setup(alum.)and use factory belts in my 73 Dart Sport 340.Hope this helps.

I bought the March pully setup(alum.)and use factory belts in my 73 Dart Sport 340.Hope this helps.

Scott, which set, do you remember? Looks like they have two different part #s, 10210 or 10215. Not sure what the diff. is between the two. Different side for the outlet maybe? I think '70-up is pass. side. That's how it is on my car.

Looks like I can get them from most of the retail outlets, plus I can use them on future engines so it looks like I'll go with that. Thanks for the info, didn't even cross my mind to look there.

Since these are single-groove pieces, this would be a one belt system. Any ideas on what part # or length?

Scott, which set, do you remember? Looks like they have two different part #s, 10210 or 10215. Not sure what the diff. is between the two. Different side for the outlet maybe? I think '70-up is pass. side. That's how it is on my car.

Looks like I can get them from most of the retail outlets, plus I can use them on future engines so it looks like I'll go with that. Thanks for the info, didn't even cross my mind to look there.

Since these are single-groove pieces, this would be a one belt system. Any ideas on what part # or length?
I bought mine early last spring,so I,ve chucked the box with part #,s and the bill is amongst a stack 2 feet high!LOL.2 cars=lots of bills!I know I did order the kit with dual pully at crank for p.steering.Good Luck!

Can anyone confirm DAYCO Part # 15475 will be the correct belt for this application?

Fan and alt., without A/C or power steering.

Thanks.

I'm running a March 10250 pulley set (crank 2 groove 5 1/2", WP 6 1/2" and Alt 2 3/4").
The belt for the alt, crank and wp is a 15460.

This setup has a undersized crank pully, so if you go with the standard set you will need a longer belt

I'm running a March 10250 pulley set (crank 2 groove 5 1/2", WP 6 1/2" and Alt 2 3/4").
The belt for the alt, crank and wp is a 15460.

This setup has a undersized crank pully, so if you go with the standard set you will need a longer belt

Thanks for the info.

Looks like the difference between your 10250 and the 10210 set is that the 210 has a 5 1/4" crank pulley. Guess whatever length your belt is I'd just need a 1/4" less?

Looking at it again, I think I probably want the high water flow kit instead of the under driven set. March part # is 10225 for anyone that's following along at home.

I also just realized that instead of taking the lazy way out and relying on internet guessing about what belt to buy, I'll have to do the old string trick around the pulleys and measure that way.

Thanks for the replies.

-
Back