Pulling her out of the barn...

-
No luck getting her started. I will need to pull her out of the barn to give me better access to work on her. I don't think I am getting spark or fuel either one. Need to diagnose it to be for sure. Just tried what I had on hand, new coil, new coil resistors and new ignition control unit. Have not dug into the distributor or checked for spark yet. Too tight in the barn.

Even if I prime the carb with fuel nothing, not a hint of fire. So probably not getting any spark. I didn't see it getting fuel in the carb so may be something there too.

Seems like it cranks a bit odd too. Not the steady fast high pitch starter sound I am used to from old Chryslers. But it cranks with a few fast then a slow one then a few fast and a slow one.

We will part the 68 wagon so you can PM me on what all you need want and we will see what we have.

Looks like a need to move from the welcome thread to both a trouble shooting and a classified thread.

Thanks.

A few other Mopars on the farm. Some 73 Fury's, a 59 Dodge Custom Royal, a 40 something plymouth, 80 plymouth Trailduster, my 78 and a 79 Ramcharger, a Carryall, couple of M880s, a few M37's, quite a few flat fender Power Wagons, a 50's flatbed truck with a hemi, the 72 Duster, the 68 wagon....

Attachments

• 100_6099.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 100_5181.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 84
  • M116.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 70
A few other Mopars on the farm. Some 73 Fury's, a 59 Dodge Custom Royal, a 40 something plymouth, 80 plymouth Trailduster, my 78 and a 79 Ramcharger, a Carryall, couple of M880s, a few M37's, quite a few flat fender Power Wagons, a 50's flatbed truck with a hemi, the 72 Duster, the 68 wagon....

Oh yeah, a 76 Dodge crew cab 4x4. The red one and way too rusty to carry on.

Pics of the 73 Fury's please! Any of them wagons?

Sorry, no wagons. They are my dad's, I can get pictures. One is running and the other has not in a long time. It is pretty rusted, both have 400's in them I believe. 2 others but not much left of them, most parts and engines gone.

-
Back