Pulling the Plug on Body Man

-
First mistake was paying in advance... ALWAYS pay as you go, per project. You'll get it there..

I don't think he can put a lien on my car since he actually owes me for work that has already been paid for.

That's what a friend of mine thought. Until the guy doing the work slapped him with a lien for "storage" charges. Nothing had ever been put down on paper.

Well I believe I found a real restoration shop where I can allow my project to continue. Definitely more legit than my previous guy. He is in the auto repair business for insurance purposes (the source of his main income) and restoration is the side operation of his business. But it is a real business, in a real shop, with real employees. Might even be able to finish this whole thing in time to bring it out in the spring.

Well I believe I found a real restoration shop where I can allow my project to continue. Definitely more legit than my previous guy. He is in the auto repair business for insurance purposes (the source of his main income) and restoration is the side operation of his business. But it is a real business, in a real shop, with real employees. Might even be able to finish this whole thing in time to bring it out in the spring.
Since I feel your pain. I hope for your sake you found a good one!

After 2 years I just got my drivers door back from the shop that did the body and paint on my Valiant, but they still can't find my fender tag.... not happy....

After 2 years I just got my drivers door back from the shop that did the body and paint on my Valiant, but they still can't find my fender tag.... not happy....

Oh the missing fender tag? Mine was pretty rusted, but I still wanted it for my book. The body shop is still looking for it. I know my guy will get me a repop (we do have the broadcast sheet), but I would still like the original for documentation. All my fenders inner and outer are new but the body guy did take a picture of the original fender. So we know it's around the shop somewhere.

The body shop is a true working shop with insurance and high level flipping work so when my job was in line it got done.

Dennis

Another guy who had his car with the substandard body man is missing the fender tag. The body man took it off when he was repairing the inner fenders of that car. That car was a numbers matching, 68 GTS with 383. Needless to say, the owner is pissed.

I do have a nice clear picture of my tag, so I my do the repop deal. Any idea who does this???

-
Back