pullys

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
not a issue but does anyone know if anyone sells chrome v-belt pullys?? i like the serpentine kits but dont like serpentine belts, cuz if that belt comes off you loose everything

thanks guys. a lil more priceier then i thought but o well.

how hard is it to remove and install a power steering pulley??

Mancinni sells them. Thats where I got mine.

2007_0526May2070032.jpg

You like these?

March Perfomance series, W/P, ALT, Crank V-belt

Summit racing part #MCH-10210 $191.88

DSC01657.jpg

those yours??=P~

how do you change the alternator pully?? aint it a press fit?

Yeah I havn't had the time to switch them out yet. I just got the motor set down in the car Saturday and fired it up with the old pulleys.

Yeah it's a press fit. I was told that I can take the alternator to like Advance Auto, Orielys, Auto Zone etc... and they can change it out in minutes.

The altenator pulley has a cone type cover that installs on the pulley. You can't really tell much about the cover in the first picture.

DSC01658.jpg

DSC01659.jpg

DSC01500.jpg

I got the billet dipstick from Milodin (SP?), and the chrome pulley's I can't remember. go to the mancinni web site. I'm going out on a limb and say both pulley's ran $130.00. I bought these a few years ago.

hmmmm if i get those ones ill have to go to o'reillys. arnt those march pulleys aluminum though? i heard the belts wear into them after a while and there junk. which wouldnt be good for me as i drive my cars whenever i can.

thats a damn nice motor you got there too

hmmmm if i get those ones ill have to go to o'reillys. arnt those march pulleys aluminum though? i heard the belts wear into them after a while and there junk. which wouldnt be good for me as i drive my cars whenever i can.

thats a damn nice motor you got there too

I have never heard of the billet aluminum being a issue as far as wearing out. I would really like to know the truth about it before I mount them because I can't return them after they have been installed.

I have PM'd some of the members that have aluminum pulleys on their engines and asked if they might comment on this thread. So we might get some answers here shortly.

I'm sure the steel pulleys would out last the aluminum ones but I don't want them to last lets say a year or two and have to throw them out. LOL

I'm thinking about going with the serpentine kit instead of the v-belt anyways. Maybe the serpentine will last longer than the v-belt type. I can understand also if the belt is to tight that would play a role in it also.

I noticed you said that you didn't want to go the serpentine belt route because everything will go out if you lost the belt. Isn't it true with just the standard belt? I mean if my belt came off I would lose alt, water pump. I don't have power steering. That might be what you was talking about. I always carry a spare belt anyways in my truck(serpentine) and car.

well i got power steering to so if i lost a serpentine belt id loose the steering (well for the most part anyways) the alternator, and the waterpump. i could carry a spare belt but after i get everything installed in the trunk ill have no place to stash it

hope to get some answers on the aluminum pulleys,cuz like you said, id hate to spend the money on em and have to throw em out after a couple years,where as steel ones will last forever, might need rechrome after a while but wouldnt need replacing

well i got power steering to so if i lost a serpentine belt id loose the steering (well for the most part anyways) the alternator, and the waterpump. i could carry a spare belt but after i get everything installed in the trunk ill have no place to stash it

hope to get some answers on the aluminum pulleys,cuz like you said, id hate to spend the money on em and have to throw em out after a couple years,where as steel ones will last forever, might need rechrome after a while but wouldnt need replacing

I'm still debating on the pulleys. I have not mounted them yet and as you can see I just put the original steel pulleys until break in and checking everything out. The water pump pulley is primed where I was going to paint it. And the crank pulley is black. I'm trying to get some chrome/polished aluminum up front on the motor to match the valve covers and the headers. Two fellows PM'd me back on this. One said he will not drive his car that much so that is no big deal with the aluminum pulleys and the other said that serpentine belts do not put as much stress on the pulleys as the V-belt will. And also the major factors such as alignment of the pulleys and also the how tight the belt is. So I'm still debating. I really need something up front to make the motor look much better such as chrome/or billet aluminum. The motor is dirty and needs new spark plug wires.

DSC01663.jpg

thanks guys. a lil more priceier then i thought but o well.

how hard is it to remove and install a power steering pulley??
its a *****. u have to have a good pulley puller and a good bit of man power. we took one of at my school and we had 2 of the biggest dudes in the class pryin on that damn thing.

I'm still debating on the pulleys. I have not mounted them yet and as you can see I just put the original steel pulleys until break in and checking everything out. The water pump pulley is primed where I was going to paint it. And the crank pulley is black. I'm trying to get some chrome/polished aluminum up front on the motor to match the valve covers and the headers. Two fellows PM'd me back on this. One said he will not drive his car that much so that is no big deal with the aluminum pulleys and the other said that serpentine belts do not put as much stress on the pulleys as the V-belt will. And also the major factors such as alignment of the pulleys and also the how tight the belt is. So I'm still debating. I really need something up front to make the motor look much better such as chrome/or billet aluminum. The motor is dirty and needs new spark plug wires.

hmmmm decisons decisions lol. i got plenty of time to figure out what im goin to do as itll be awhile before i get to the motor. i aint gonna do anything to the motor untill i pull it to get the car painted, ill get the motor painted body color,along with the tranny,driveshaft,rearend,and gas tank. but the underside will be undercoated black. i might buy a cam and throw a 4bbl on it to pep it up a bit but it aint gonna be anything fancy,,,yet:-D heres a pic of my motor the way it is, ugly n very very dirty
Picture083.jpg

almost forgot, if you want a lil more chrome, summit sells chrome alternator brackets for like $21,im eventually gonna get them

-
Back