Purple Monster Cam

-
I wouldn't run a used MPP cam or any flat tappet cam on a bet. A roller, yes, I'd reuse one.

I don't think it was "used" when it was installed. I didn't get to hear it run. Four different people told me it ran good until the truck's body rusted away from it. I guess I'll to wait and see.
I wanted the 440 because the first car I ever owned at 16 years of age was a 1968 Dodge Coronet 440. It had the same big block 440 in it. That motor wouldn't quit! I can only hope that this one performs as well.

I wouldn't run a used MPP cam or any flat tappet cam on a bet. A roller, yes, I'd reuse one.

Well, would it really be considered running an used cam if it's already in the engine that's been running? So any time you get a car with a running engine, you change the cam?

I will give you one thing.

The Puple shafts seemed to vary wildly and if you did not take the time to verify timing you were likely to be dissapointed!

There are much better choices available today than 25 years ago!

I agree. Cam technology as come a very long way. I always run cams that were designed absolutely no more than ten years ago when building an engine, preferably one that was designed within five years of me purchasing it. Aside from design there's also the much better manufacturing equipment producing much more accurate grinds.

-
Back