Pursists....DO NOT ENTER....

-
What the heck, why not. He did because he can. I have a shop on my tool route that has put different diesels in cars and trucks. A Allis Chalmers 4 cylinder with a turbo out of a combine into a 80's Chevy 1/2 ton. They have scrapped out Frito Lay trucks for the 4 cylinder Cummins and the 4L80 tranny. They work well in Chevy pick ups. Turboed and a balance shaft makes them nice. High 20's low 30's fuel mileage.

My two favorite engines of all time. A screamin jimmy and a 383. Somewhere out there is a guy with a4v53 in a Chevy pickup. It runs well.

There's a couple people on here that are currently working on Cummins swaps into cars, one is doing a 4bt into a Dart, the other is doing a 6bt into a Belvedere. It's THEIR car, so they should do what THEY want to with it. I personally like what they're doing.

Shoot me now! I can just hear that thing leaking oil all over the place

How do you drive a Detroit Diesel?

1.) Open door

2.) Place fingers on door jamb

3.) Slam door on fingers as hard as you can

4.) Drive pissed off all day.

I will never restore anything I have to original beacause it doesn't let you take advantage of improvements in technology. That is why I resto mod everything. However to put a DEISEL IN A ROADRUNNER! No thank you. Pick any k car you want, ABSOLUTELY.

I'm not a purist, far from it, but, while this is different, it doesn't seem like a "good" choice.

-
Back