push button 904 everything jumped a button.

-

nerd racing

Reaction score
Changed the speedo seal and now everything jumped a button on me. R is N and 1 doesn't push. Should I adjust the cable one click? Counter clockwise?

Went one click counter and nothing. So did a click clockwise and it sometimes cranks in neutral. 2 clicks the same. Should I go more clockwise? Stuck on ramps now.

Man I wish I could give you some advice! Getting ready to get my pushbutton education on my Lancer.

I got it close, ended up having to pull the shift cable out almost all of the threads and then put it back in almost to where it was originally. Still has a touch of hesitation I may actually set it back to where it was. Odd really. I wonder if something got stuck?

Not sure what a "click" is. I thought the only adjustment is the theaded wheel where the shift cable enters the tranny. Are the bolt holes there what you are talking about? The manual has a procedure, but better luck for me has been with the tranny pan off so I can see the detents on the rooster comb better. You want those to align with your push-buttons. Same idea as adjusting the rear derallieur on a bicycle with later-style indexed shifters.

I am meaning the bolt holes. The FSM I was using called them clicks.

this is a copy and from a post i did an a diff site. it was done from memory. but one cat said it seemed to match the factory service manual. hope it works for you. "you need a factory service manual. it has a wheel at the trany with holes with one having a bolt in it. take the bolt out. here is where we have to hope my brain works right. the first guess put the trany comb in park. pull the cable out till it stops. turn the wheel till it touches the casting. turn the wheel 5 more holes. put the bolt in. do member this is from memory of 40 years ago. do check what it is now before changing the adjustment. what might be off is the comb set to park."

I read that but you need to put the car in low (1). Makes sense because Low (1) pulls the hardest to get to.

So the Factory Service Manual says hold (R) the internet article says hold (1) or (L).

I'm leaning toward FSM. What do you guys do?

could any of this cause my dart slant to have NO reverse!!???? inquiring minds want to know>> someone said " what mind"!!?????? ( gets embarrassing having to ask people to help me push it sometimes!!??? LOL

Nerd
I will pm you to call me, I can help so can Pat Blais, I will give you his number. Do the Reverse method with the pan off. DONT DO THE LOW 1, method. That way is wrong.

You need to take the pan off and move the rooster all the way aft. You also need to disconnect the cable spring, back the pizza wheel all the way out. Once the cable is off have a buddy hold the reverse button in. Hook the cable back up make sure it clicks in, have buddy keep finger in reverse, hook up pizza wheel, once pizza wheel is flush, go about four holes tighter, put the hold down bolt in.

You can check gears at this point, should Al be good, the main thing is getting reverse right. With the pan off you can also check neutral with a meter. Key on take test light to neutral switch on fire wall hook lead to positive battery, should have a ground or "light" in drive or reverse no light.

This is fairly close to the manual with my hit and miss issues.

-
Back