Push rod oiling have too much oil?

-

Demon540

Reaction score
360La block bushed lifter bores with .060 hole. EDM AMC lifters, comp push rods with .100 hole I have way too much oil going to the top of motor. I am using t@d rockers, Indy heads and it's a solid lifter cam. Any ideas would be very much appreciated before I keep buying lots of push rods!

your LA should have solid push rods, and oil through the rocker arms

replace the push rods with stockers and that should stop the gushing

your LA should have solid push rods, and oil through the rocker arms

replace the push rods with stockers and that should stop the gushing
I can't oil through the block. The heads r full port with sleeves in heads. The head itself is blocked. Hope that makes sense. I am wondering what size of a hole needs to be in the pushrods. And also if there is something else I should do? Trying to avoid edge orfis lifters ect.

shoot, thats beyond me

wait for a mod to move this to the small block section and for someone who knows better to chime in
im sure there is a formula to calculate what size hole you need....but i dont know it

shoot, thats beyond me

wait for a mod to move this to the small block section and for someone who knows better to chime in
im sure there is a formula to calculate what size hole you need....but i dont know it
Yeah I think I got this in the wrong section. I don't know much about getting around this site!

360La block bushed lifter bores with .060 hole. EDM AMC lifters, comp push rods with .100 hole I have way too much oil going to the top of motor. I am using t@d rockers, Indy heads and it's a solid lifter cam. Any ideas would be very much appreciated before I keep buying lots of push rods!
Stick roll pins in them :)

.060 is a bit bigger than the .035 I'd typically run but with the bushings in place I don't see that as much of an issue. You need new pushrods. Manton or Smith Brothers can get you what you need with a smaller diameter hole in the ends.

.060 is a bit bigger than the .035 I'd typically run but with the bushings in place I don't see that as much of an issue. You need new pushrods. Manton or Smith Brothers can get you what you need with a smaller diameter hole in the ends.
Yes I think 60 is big . I argured that with the guy installing them! Any idea what size should be the hole in push rod? Thanks for the input.

Yes I think 60 is big . I argured that with the guy installing them! Any idea what size should be the hole in push rod? Thanks for the input.
There is a company that advertises restricted oiling push rods, most off the shelf still will have the .100 feed holes.
My old friend would just use roll pins, worked for him.

I had the same issue with my 528 bb indy head,Jesel system with pushrod oiling. I went to .040 pushrods from Manton, problem solved. I couldn't believe how much oil (20/50) gushed out of those pushrods with the .040 holes. It was still a lot, but my oil pressure came back!

I was going to say "it depends on how much is getting there now"...lol. I used Smith Bros. last time but Manton I've used in the past and had no problems with. You can get from .020 to .050 in .010 incerments frmo Smith Bros. So you need to figure out how much you want to cut it back, and then get that. The roll pins would be a good experiment IMO although I'd want to replace them once I knew the needed size. Just my own nerves there tho.

I was going to say "it depends on how much is getting there now"...lol. I used Smith Bros. last time but Manton I've used in the past and had no problems with. You can get from .020 to .050 in .010 incerments frmo Smith Bros. So you need to figure out how much you want to cut it back, and then get that. The roll pins would be a good experiment IMO although I'd want to replace them once I knew the needed size. Just my own nerves there tho.
Thanks for all the replies. I order .030 push rods from matton. I will see what that does. They seem to be very good company to deal with!

-
Back