Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartnewbie

Former Dart owner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for the backup switch for a 63-64 Dart pushbutton automatic. This attaches to the pushbutton assembly and is fed from the wiper switch. Also looking for the wiring from the switch to the trunk area. I have the wiring in the trunk lid itself.

I made my own with a micro switch and a relay to take the power away from the switch .
backup002.jpg

backup001.jpg

64dartwagon: How much you want for the switch shipped to 43302? I can handle the wiring just need the switch to start.

Damraider: Not having taken out the assembly yet, is the one bracket in your pictures the original mounting bracket minus the switch or did you make both parts and mount the switch? I don't know if the bracket would be there and just missing the switch or the whole thing needs to be made and mounted.

I have a complete assembly-- & some misc parts from early push button cars. Lawrence--

I have a complete assembly-- & some misc parts from early push button cars. Lawrence--

I got the switch today and it does fit and work as far as switching when reverse is pushed. Need to make the wire to the trunk to get it completely hooked up. Thanks for the switch!!

For those others that may need to know, the bracket for the switch is not present if you do not have reverse lights from the factory. My shifter had the mounting holes but no bracket. The one Vdart sent me bolted right on. The feed for the reverse switch comes off of the wiper switch and the tab for the wiring was present on the wiper switch so it will plug right in and get power. I was lucky enough to find reverse lights on Ebay that included the trunk lid wiring so all I have to do is run a wire from the trunk to the new reverse light switch in the dash. I will be cleaning up my shifter while I have it out and am currently looking for some good used pushbuttons as my 1 and 2 buttons are severely cracked. If anyone has any, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back