Pushrod length Question

-

GTSDustin

Reaction score
ok, so I'm rebuilding my 440 and decided to go with a solid flat tappet opposed to the hydraulic since I had to many lifter issues. I have a set of 9.250 pushrods from a previous project and figured I would see how one fits. At .22 lash I have about 2 threads showing on the bottom of the adjuster screw below the rocker arm? After some research I'm seeing people recommend anything from 0-2 threads. I would love to have closer to 0 but hate to spend 100 bucks on new pushrods for another .050.
Do you think I would be ok with 2? Thanks

Who's rocker arms are you running and what spring pressure?

Crane cams 1.5 Rockers. Not sure about spring pressure, I bought comp cam kit from summit 525/294

crane has more than 1 type of big mopar rocker, do yours have an oil hole aiming at the adjuster? if so, 0 threads is not enough-oil will not hit the adjuster. 2 threads is fine with those springs #925

Yep, I believe Marco to be correct. You're good to go.

Ok thanks. They are crane roller rockers offset for max wedge heads. There is no hole in the adjuster for oil.

I was asking about an oil hole in the rocker aiming at the adjuster/pushrod junction. most rockers have 1

Yes it has that hole. I ended up finding an old set of pushrods the right length, but now I need 5/16 diameter. The 3/8 are rubbing my heads.

-
Back