pushrod length

-

68 A

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have adjustable rockers for my 318. When i bought my comp cams K kit, i got pushrods that have a ball on each end. i need a ball, cup pushrod. Comp gave me 7.55 inch pushrods, but do not carry one that length with a ball/cup. I have found some that are close (7.455, 7.5). with the adjustable rocker arm, i should be able to use one of these shorter pushrods and take the extra up with the adjuster, correct?

Thanks

Steve

There has to be quite a few places that sell pushrods for a hyd cm and adj rockers. Try Crane. I'm sure that Comp Cams sells them too.

yes the cranes work. I have s et for my solids, but also used a set with thte adjustables and a hyd can.

Cup/ball pushrods for adjustable rockers and hydraulic lifters will be around 7.21" or 7.31". Cup/ball around 7.5" are for solid lifters. I believe the ball/ball with OEM rockers and hydraulic lifters are also around 7.5".

You're suppose to have an adjuster thread or two showing under the rocker arm with proper preload or lash.

ok, thanks, i got some comp 7.234" rods coming.

Locomotion said:
You're suppose to have an adjuster thread or two showing under the rocker arm with proper preload or lash.

That line is all you really have to know. Checkt eh sweep pattern on the valves, and find a manufacturer who sells the correct length your pushrod checkers tell you to use. I hate cut-to-fits. They are trash IMO. I only use ready made ones, Crane and Comp mostly.

-
Back