pushrods for magnum head to la block swap

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I completed a magnum head swap on an LA block last year and I needed pushrods. Mopar performance used to sell a set of 16 pushrods for the swap that were 7.625" long and have since been discontinued. I ended up getting a set of Manton pushrods from a member here at a good price. I am currently putting together another LA block with magnum heads and was looking for more pushrods. I found a set of Edelbrock hardened pushrods that will do the trick and at a pretty decent price. They measure 7.634" and sell for $59.00 at Summit racing. Edelbrock p/n 9656
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-9656

Hughes engines also has a set that measure 7.640. p/n Hug 5268
http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...aHJvZHM=&level2=T2lsIFRocm91Z2g=&partid=23734

Of course I realize that these may not work if someone is using a radical camshaft but with stock heads, standard felpro head gaskets and a mild cam both of these would work when I measured my engine for pushrods.

Just thought I would pass this info along in case someone else was doing the swap.

I have not done that swap yet...but some people complained that the mopar pushrods were a little short..

I have not done that swap yet...but some people complained that the mopar pushrods were a little short..
i think they are the right length if your cam has the factory base circle . the only problem i found was that they were bent outta the box.

Spent the extra c note,on a new cam core.Peace of mind,baby.

I checked mine with an adjustable pushrod checking tool from comp cams. Colored the top of my valve tips with a black sharpie. Installed the pushrods and rocker arms and turned the motor over two revolutions and them removed my rocker arms. The marker was removed by the rocker arms dead center of the valve stem. I have heard the same thing about being too short and that's why I checked.

I did the same thing with my magnum head swap, and I had to install lash caps to get the rocker to scrub the valve in the center. Made a pushrod checker tool and sent it to Smith Brothers.

bob, do you remember what the final length was that you needed? What kind of cam are you running? just curious.

I'm using a Hughes 219/228 cam. The pushrods were 7.50 if I remember right.
I had the heads milled and used a thinner head gasket.

-
Back