Put Racing in Alabama this October in your calendar, Mopar-Vs-BrandX

-

AustinGriggs

Reaction score
The date is set 10/10/2020, I'm here to invite you all to come participate, as we "The Mopar Crowd" could use some help... Last year at the 1st Annual #MoparVsBrandXstreetcarShowdown winners of 2 of the 3 classes where Pontiacs.... Butler Performance even got to brag about it. Truth be told I don't care who wins just that we have a great time and get out as many old cars as possible for a weekend thrash session. This race includes a 40 mile round trip cruise through Bankhead National forest and back to Jakes Dragstrip for a full night of racing! There is more information below in the form of a video from my YouTube channel, a Tech Card from last year, and an article from Bangshift.com. Ill be contending in my Duster with a 340 and my Super Bee with a 383 this year, neither of which will have what it takes to run down the Pontiacs or alot of the cars in contention, but they are healthy enough to whoop up on a large portion of the BrandX challengers! In addition we will have the MuleTown Mobile Dyno on hand as we did last year. Come all.... tell your friends with old iron!

Ratty Muscle Cars Presents Mopar Vs. Brand-X: Racing Into The Cool Fall Night - BangShift.com

MoparVsBrandX techcard 2019.jpg

jakes is the place to race 1.jpg

NSSL at sunoco.jpg

I have it marked down & took vacation that weekend into next week. Hotel room next. See ya there & then.

I have it marked down & took vacation that weekend into next week. Hotel room next. See ya there & then.

Awesome, as far as hotels go several folks last year stayed in Decatur where we do the Friday night cruise. Look for stuff on Beltline RD, several good ones near "Logans Roadhouse". Ill probability stage up there on race day morning, to caravan out to the dragstrip which about 20 miles away.

I like the rules of the Gladiator class. You can still put the smack down with enough dough but by and large your Pump gas and no power adder will keep it somewhat street legit. The 5 year drivetrain rule is something I have never seen either and that's pretty smart also....

JW

I'm gonna try to do some recruiting at "Mopars at the Rock" in Rockingham, NC April 18th and the "Tennessee Valley Mopar Show" in Huntsville, AL June 20th. I'll be racing my Super Bee at one and Duster at the other.

Virus be damned.... We are still going racing! Small rule changes, mostly just clarification event details added.
mopar vs brandx Tech 2020.jpg

Oh great!

I had planned to go but the way things are here. Not a good idea. Carry on Austin! CARRY ON!

-
Back