Put the Duster on the DYNO.

-

75dartsport

Reaction score
I put the duster on a rear wheel dyno yesterday. Not sure what any of it means, as far a hp loss through the drivetrain. But the opportunity was there so I did it. Maybe someone on here could tell me what they experience loss through the drivetrain. Made 3 pulls. started the first 2 at 3000 rpm, the last pull I started at 2500. The first pull had the highest hp reading at 460hp at 5200rpm. The third pull had the highest torque reading at 633.3 at 3000 rpm I think because I started lower in the rpm range. Let me know what you think.

633 torque at the wheels?! Holy cow! What's the secret to your setup to get those numbers? I'm impressed.

What does the convertor normally flash to? What mph does it normally run and how heavy is it?
I always have used 18% for an auto, and 16% for a manual transmission for loss. I managed a shop with a chassis for a while and that was pretty close to reality on most cars. But if the car has a higher stall, the numbers can be skewed.

Like Goldmember said on your other post - the crazy high torque number is the convertor on the rollers. You might want to figure out your convertor slippage. If it does that I can tell you there's mph and ET to be found in the convertor.

Been having a blast in it. First 2 weekends out with the car it took first place. I have since moved up a class, and last weekend I made the semi finals.

-
Back