Putting Back Together KH Brake Hubs and Rotors

-

MuuMuu101

Reaction score
I'm going to try to put together my KH hub assembly back together. I'm going to start by greasing and packing my new bearings. Then I'm going to install my new seals with a mallet. Lastly I'm going to install my new studs and rotors by throwing some washers on the studs and screwing old lug nuts to lift the studs through the splines on the hub. Is there anything I'm missing? Any other advice? Thanks.

Ok,trying to get the new studs in is a little harder than expected. My main problem is trying to clamp the rotor. I don't have an impact gun and air compressor so I've been trying to man handle this guy in with my tire iron and either me sitting on my rotor or clamping the rotor in my cheap, tiny vice. So far I got 1 stud to get complete contact with the splines, I just need to seat it. Unfortunately, I've already stripped the threads on 2 of my lug nuts.

If it were me, I would have a shop press the assemblies together, throw them in the brake lathe and check/true.

If you want to drive on out to San Bernardino, I have the press, air tools and all that stuff. I'd be more than happy to put them in for you the right way. I'm off the 210 freeway.

Russ.

I'm going to try to put together my KH hub assembly back together. I'm going to start by greasing and packing my new bearings. Then I'm going to install my new seals with a mallet. Lastly I'm going to install my new studs and rotors by throwing some washers on the studs and screwing old lug nuts to lift the studs through the splines on the hub. Is there anything I'm missing? Any other advice? Thanks.

Pay to have them pressed on.........

Attachments

• photo18.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 129
Thanks guys. I think I'll be getting them pressed in. Double M, you have a PM.

-
Back