Putting Queenie to sleep.....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
....in a few hours. Damn near nothing makes me feel any worse. Queenie is a few weeks shy of 14. This sucks...

yea, that bites hard!! been there - - I know it doesn't help much, but try to steel your heart that you are doing the right thing.. and be happy you had your time.. mine came out of nowhere - that was a tough thing

hard to do. dogs, horses, life is a cycle for us all. I admit I can c ry like a baby. I believe there is a place in Heaven for good animals.

there can just come a time when it is the best thing to do for that animal. you know that. but it makes it no less hard for you.

a peson without compassion, is no one at all.

yea, that bites hard!! been there - - I know it doesn't help much, but try to steel your heart that you are doing the right thing.. and be happy you had your time.. mine came out of nowhere - that was a tough thing

No matter what this sucks but out of nowhere...can't imagine what that was like. I have been wanting to put Moms to sleep for a few months now....back when she just started losing weight and losing her sight. I suggested it but Ernestina simply said no,. Queenie stole Ernie heart several years ago. Every night she would jump up in Ernies chair. Every morning she would jump up on the bed when I got up and,sleep with Ernestina for a while. Several years ago vet did blood work and told us that Mommas pancreas was failing. Kristen, the vet, suggested a supplement. Every morning Queenie took it, up to about 5 months ago. No matter how we camouflaged it she spit it out. Was about a month afterwards she started losing weight...and sleeping damn near all day. That is,when I suggested it. I am glad that Ernestina said no. Best couple of weeks Queenie has been a great teacher for me. She may not be able to see us...she struggles to get around...but no matter what she is by our side. We go to bed, she is there. We get up, she is near oneof us. Ernie is cooking, Queen is laying at Ernestinas feet. Follows us,to the table. Sunday Ernie was outside with me putting up a piece of fence...here comes Queenie. Love, loyalty and devotion....I thought I was ready to let Queenie go back when I suggested it...I said my goodbyes... yet I am sitting here crying typing this....

I sure am sorry Doug. I held Stubby in my arms and cried like a baby as I told him I wish we could have done more. Probably the hardest thing I ever had to do, but he knew I was there and that I loved him. He purred to his last breath. Queenie will know you love her too.

Sorry to read about this.

Always rough to do this, just know that the pup won't be suffering any longer.

Tears are running down my cheeks as I read this...lost my sweet cat Buck after loving him for 20 years...not a day goes by without feeling sad...people say he was only a cat but to us he was our child...losing him was the hardest ordeal I ever had in my life...the only encouraging words I have for you is Queenie loved you and I do believe there is a special place the souls of our little ones go and someday you will be together again...Marla

Sounds like she has had a great life with you two. I know it's hart breaking to let them go but sounds like the best thing you can do for her.

might I add, lot of people never understand the place an animal can have in our hearts. no comprehension of the emotional strings they attach to our soul. all we can do as their provides is give them what they need,... sometimes what they need is to be "let go".

there are no words that can really heal the hurt we find at a time such as this. be it animals we love or people we love......

The older I get, the harder it gets to put down a dog.
I almost didnt want to get another... but I did.....and im glad I did.

I feel for you..... its hard to explain sometimes.

Take care

Very Sorry for your Loss. Don't know how I can handle loosing Gunner. He still has some years, but I'm sure it will be hard. He is with me 24/7. Stay strong Doug.

Sorry to hear this :pale: We just went through your pain with our Lab in October. Still miss her dearly every day. You are doing the right thing... Take care...

Dave,

I'm very sorry you have to go through this. I've done it more times than I want to think about. It's ok to be broken hearted. Our pets are better than most people. Just a clean honest love. No deception, no anger. To me, this is true no matter what kind of pet it is . When we love something, I think we don't really see the difference between people and pets.

Always a tough thing to do. But in our hearts when the time comes it's the right thing to do. Doesn't make it any easier. You and Ernie have my sympathy.

Sorry to read Doug. We have 1 outta 4 left. I had to put Shakey my cat down suddenly 2 weeks ago. Vet was 99% sure ot was cancer but I cant afford the bloodwork/tests/meds. He was a pretty cool cat with SERIOUS balance issues. All the time. Couldnt jump up but could climb/pull up. His "jump" down always involved a front roll lol. Like he was drunk all the time.
One female cat named Millie left and I picked her in my dead pool to go 1st. Cataracts in one eye and aneurysm in the other.
Sorry for rambling.
All the best to you n Ernie

sorry to hear, probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Here is my dog Guinness who passed away in 2009. hang in there.

Attachments

• guinness.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 139
I would like to thank all of you folks for the kind words...and just letting me get this off my chest.

A real bummer losing friends, whether human, or "almost" human.

Thinking of you today, Doug, as you do what is one of the hardest things a person can do, say goodbye to a friend!! Queenie has had the best friends she could possibly ask for, and has given back with love, companionship, and no doubt countless laughs and good times!! Keep her in your heart, where she has been since the day you met, and will be forever now!! Give Ernie a big hug also, and celebrate Queenie every day!! My heart and prayers go out to your bunch, the other pups will need some extra love too!!! Geof

-
Back