puzzler for ya

-
Add more sealing rings for quick fix if you need it.
Thicker head gaskets would probably solve the problem for good, but will lower your compression ratio just a hair.
When I saw this post I thought "Oh he reved it up a bit more than when he posted about this last time":D

It happened again! this time I also broke the insulator on #3 in addition to closing the gap on #2. I never mentioned that I had been racing this thing and using 110 octane off and on all summer. I think the slower burnin' fuel was keeping me outta trouble at the track (I must have run 15 passes with burnouts) As soon as I went back to just pump gas AND stomped it, boom!

Ok so the summit racing website lists lots of plugs with a .375 reach and the same threads as the longer autolight 65 and 66's. (the two I've been working with so far)the applications are all over the place but none for a 360. Parts store guys think I'm nuts! Has anyone used a shorter plug in their LA? Do ya think a plug for a big block will work in my motor? How much room do I have to play with this "heat rating" #?

lap

-
Back